SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Nitron finish question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nitron finish question Login/Join 
Picture of OttoSig
posted
Is it possible to remove a factory nitron finish and return a pistol to the base stainless look?

Would i get better lubricity out of simply refinishing in a stainless color?

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6254 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Top Gun Supply
posted Hide Post
I assume you are asking about a stainless steel slide? Yes, absolutely. Glass bead blasting will look like the factory natural finish.

https://www.topgunsupply.com

SIG SAUER Dealer and Parts Distributor

Posts: 10338 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
SIG bead blasted two of my Nitron finished slides. They came out beautiful. I forget the exact cost, but it's probably gone up since then anyway. Ten day turn around, but that's probably changed due to the crud. Call customer service.

The after market can do it, may cost a little more, may take a little longer, but it'll be just as nice as SIG doing it. Call CCR.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
I'm assuming if it works on a stainless slide it wlil also work on the frame?

Posts: 6254 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:

Only if your frame is also steel. Aluminum alloy frame, no. The alloy frame is anodized black, not Nitron.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:

Only if your frame is also steel. Aluminum alloy frame, no. The alloy frame is anodized black, not Nitron.

Understood, it will be a 220 10mm and I was under the impression those were all complete stainless firearms.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Then, blast away to a natural stainless look. Cool

But, if you want more protection and lubricity, CCR CPII finish would be better than just bare stainless.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Whats wrong with the Nitron?

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
Whats wrong with the Nitron?

It's not shiny. Wink

-MG

Posts: 1932 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Absolutely nothing wrong with it...

I'm a fan of stainless and two-tone guns and just looking at options for doing a lil pimpin you know.

I'll probalby leave it as is. Throwing some Nill grips on it since Hogue discontinued most their G10 SAO offerings.

Truthfully, I think Nills look fantastic on a stainless gun...but the 500$ or so total to refinish it just for looks wlil probably lead me to pick up another 1K 10mm or 20 magazines and leave it at that Smile