SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I have question about the 15 rnd mag for the 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I have question about the 15 rnd mag for the 365 Login/Join 
posted
I checked out both the standard size & the xl version of the sig365 at the local gun store.

I LOVED the feel of the xl's grip, but still want the ability to have the smaller 365 for concealment.
I was OK with the standard 365 with the 10 rnd flush mag, LIKED the 10 rnd with finger extension & LOVED the 12 round mag.
BUT, I was disappointed with the gap the 15 round mag left with the standard 365.

I know, it was meant for the xl & I should be thankful it even fits the standard 365, but want to know if a replacement baseplate is or will be available for the 15 rnd mag for the standard 365?
I have the x-grips for my 320sc for the 15 & 17 rnd mags, but would really like it to fit like a grip extension right from sig.

Anyone else wanting this?
p.s. I bought aftermarket replacement basepads for my 12 round mags for the 320 - I think the guy made them on a 3d printer.

Posts: 47 | Registered: August 15, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
What gap are you talking about? The 15-rounder comes with 2 bottom sleeves, the larger one for the 365, the other smaller one for use with 365XL. The 15-rounder was meant for both guns.

Q

Posts: 26374 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Posts: 26374 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for clearing that up, the gun salesman didn't mention that when he was showing me the guns & the mags

Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
What 12131 said, in pictures.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
12131 is one fast poster too! Big Grin

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by uncleknife1:
Thank you for clearing that up, the gun salesman didn't mention that when he was showing me the guns & the mags

That's a pretty louse salesperson. Not only did he not tell you the complete setup, but he showed you the wrong sleeve on the wrong gun. Roll Eyes

Q

posted Hide Post
Sure, lousy. He's required to know the complete details of every gun in the store. After all, the 365 xl has been out now for what, two weeks? Geesh. And for near minimum wage plus commission.

Posts: 17142 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Sure, lousy. He's required to know the complete details of every gun in the store. After all, the 365 xl has been out now for what, two weeks? Geesh. And for near minimum wage plus commission.

$15 per hour would help make him a better informed sales clerk?

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought the 2-tone 365 at cabelas & 2 12 rnd mag with a mag base that fits the guns grip front, back & the sides & feels like an extension of the grip itself - very nice.
The 15 round mag with the correct base fits all except the back of the mag to the backstrap of the grip.
it feels like the 7 round mag I had for my kahr cm9, just felt cheap & for the wrong gun. I will look for an aftermarket base plate, like I did a few years ago when I bought my sig 320sc & didn't like the 12 rnd base plates. I will have to dig through my records to find out who made them

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
$15 per hour would help make him a better informed sales clerk?

To be fair, I think the theory is that if they paid a better wage, they could attract better salespeople. I'm not saying it would work, but that's the theory.

Posts: 842 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post