SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Independence Day Karma: ***P228*** ------> *** Winner = Ryanp225 ***
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 20
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Independence Day Karma: ***P228*** ------> *** Winner = Ryanp225 *** Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nipper:
Wow! Thank you for the opportunity. Only on SF.

My Uncle Eddie is in the second row center. B24 named "Take Off Time" in WW II based in Manduria, Italy. Shot down Feb 14, 1944 on a combat mission in Nazi held northern Italy. Captured and spent the rest of the war as a POW in a Nazi camp on the Baltic coast.

Some curious facts I discovered after his death in 2007:

- Manduria is located 12 miles from where I was stationed (Brindisi) 1n the early 1960's. I served in the U.S.A.F Security Service and we had an intelligence collection site located there.

- After the war he continued with the U.S. Army Air Force and then the U.S. Air Force. Uncle Eddie then joined the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) after he retired from the U.S. Air Force. Consequently, he was one of our "customers" for intelligence we were collecting at the Brindisi site. Always wondered if he worked with anything I sent upstream.

As we know, freedom is not free. Thanks to all who served. Happy Fourth to all.

Eddie second row center:
[IMG:left] [/IMG]

"Take Off Time" Nose Art:
[IMG:left] [/IMG]

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
Awesome. Thanks! Happy Independence Day. Here is a pic of an antiqued wooden American Flag I picked up from my buddies at Flags of Valor.

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very generous of you. Please count me in.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Absolutely Positively-
Retired
Picture of ace73
posted Hide Post
Please count me in too!
Any chance your work is going to expand to the
Detroit area?!

Posts: 1182 | Location: Detroit/Downriver | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
Like the line from the song;

"Doo, doo, doo' lookin' out my front door.

The first SiG I owned was a P228, I'd sure like to have another.

Posts: 12178 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I would like a chance, thank you!

Happy Independence Day!

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgsigs
posted Hide Post
Count me in.

Posts: 2807 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post

Please include me. Thanks!

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3204 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes please....I don't know how to post photos....sorry.

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
recovering ammoholic
Picture of jaybird86
posted Hide Post
Please count me in. Thank you!

---------------------------------
How's your cardio?
Nature, alas, made only one being out of you although there was material for a good man and a rogue.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 1014 | Location: Overrun in Northern VA | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Add me please with a little picture I took at the All Star Game a couple years back!!!

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Please put my name in.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Please include me in your karma, sorry I don't have a hosting site, and post from my phone, or work. Possibly my avatar will work, it's me shooting a P229 SCT back in or around 2010.

Thank you for always being such a generous contributor.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vincent317
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the generous karma, please count me in.

Posts: 593 | Location: NC | Registered: July 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Please include me.
My contribution is a photo of my last ride in my 1969 Camaro.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Yet another incredibly generous karma. Thanks, 12131! Please count me in.

Here's a bit of Americana: My wife finishing up a round of skeet at a sportsman's club's annual picnic to which we had been invited as guests Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
Another very generous Karma, thank you! You asked for a picture of Americana. How about a memory from my childhood, Americana Amusement Park:

Posts: 1647 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post

Please count me in. Taken today in South Florida

Posts: 1632 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post

I have more than 228 posts. Frown

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Fantastic karma!

Please include me.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post