SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New pistola for USBP
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New pistola for USBP Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HCM:
The ability to swap the slides of the G19 and G47 and vice versa meets the modularity requirement of the CBP Statement Of Work (SOW).

Glad to see Glock crack the secret code of "IT MUST BE A SIG P320" in terms of modularity requirements. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You dig
Picture of evolution
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Lots of ppl hated the BTF -

I can’t even pick which smart remark concerning sucking it up to make LOL.

Posts: 2602 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by evolution:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Lots of ppl hated the BTF -

I can’t even pick which smart remark concerning sucking it up to make LOL.
Lol, I wasn't implying it was acceptable, but my 3-4 Gen4 G19 examples only had it occasionally with light loads.

But yes the Gen 5 / G45 I have is much improved.

Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by HCM:
The ability to swap the slides of the G19 and G47 and vice versa meets the modularity requirement of the CBP Statement Of Work (SOW).

Sweet. I was just about to buy a G45, but now I'm going to hold off for a G47 and have even more options.

This too makes me hella happy. I love these options and the 43/43X/48 variations as well.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elberettas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
It's official. I have lost track of Glock models.

Life used to be simpler

Para,

In your opinion, which is the best model, caliber, generation, configuration, etc?

Posts: 1957 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by evolution:
Wonder if the FFDO Program (Armed pilots) will get this gun.

Doubt it.

USP .40

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elberettas:
In your opinion, which is the best model, caliber, generation, configuration, etc?
I cn tell you only of my preference- third generation pistols in 9x19mm.

It's probably not a good idea for me to handle the newest generation of G17s. I hear that the gen 5 pistols have a much improved trigger pull, and I don't need any more pistols.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, if you don't want to own a Gen5 Glock, don't touch one. Big Grin

Ask me how I know... (G45 purchase during the Kavanaugh hearing).

Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
Para, trust me. Sell something and buy a G45. Honest.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
The G45 is the best Glock ever made. This G47 should be right there with it.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
God dammit....I don’t like Glocks. I don’t like them 5 times over now Frown.....I don’t want a G45.....I acknowledge how good my Gen 5 G19 is......dammit stop it with these G45 posts.

Sonsabitches enablers.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pittwm
posted Hide Post
G17 slide with a long dust cover, on a G17 grip length and a G19 length bottom rail length?

Posts: 5445 | Location: Paducah KY | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I have a g45 with a g19 MOS slide oh it

The combination of the two is perfect

Also, I combined the leftovers and I now have a Gen 5 G19 with front slide serrations and no moon cut out in the grip

I will probablt seriously consider a 47 and sell my 17 MOS

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pittwm:
G17 slide with a long dust cover, on a G17 grip length and a G19 length bottom rail length?

Yes.

Posts: 32432 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pittwm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by Pittwm:

Yes.

Not gunna lie, I like it.

Posts: 5445 | Location: Paducah KY | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yep. The longer rail area at the front of the G17 frame isn't needed. It doesn't gain you anything.

Just like the longer rail area on the full size P320 doesn't gain you anything.

Whereas the shorter G45/G47 or P320 Carry-style frame still works just fine with the longer slide and full size magazines, and the rail area is still fully functional with even the largest rail-mounted accessories, but it adds the ability to install a shorter G19/Compact slide on the frame as well when so desired.

Posts: 32432 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a new 19.5 MOS in my holster and can say the Gen5 is where it's at. I don't hate my other gens but I'd have no reservations if they let me trade the others in 1-1.

I'm gonna hold a mirror up on the whammy you dropped on all of us Para, you will buy a Gen 5.

As for the 47 I don't know that I think that needs a new model number but why not. I think what I'd really like would be for Glock to go crazy modular and sell all these parts separately for us to assemble as we please. It's probably not as lucrative as letting us all fill our safes with them however.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
Is it official that the G47 will be available to the general public?

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Gen 5 G34 is a thing of wonder and beauty.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
Is it official that the G47 will be available to the general public?

The official Glock press release about the CBP contract award states (in part):

quote:
The award incorporates several models, all featuring GLOCK’s newest 5th generation technology. Included are the GLOCK 19 Gen5 MOS, the GLOCK 26 Gen5, and the newly developed GLOCK 47. The GLOCK 47 incorporates a full-size slide with a G45 frame. The GLOCK 47 was developed for the solicitation and is not available to consumers.

However, similar language was used regarding the G17M and G19M designed for and adopted by the FBI, and those quickly became available to the general public in the form of the Gen 5 G17 and G19.

So while they may not be immediately available to consumers, I suspect it won't be long.