SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New pistola for USBP
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New pistola for USBP Login/Join 
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
If I was going to buy a Glock now, it would be a 19.5 MOS. I'm waiting for Glock to MOS-ize the base 19. Even without the optic cut, the MOS has a better setup than the base 19.

And I don't see the advantage of the 45 over the 17 or 19. As I, and many others have said before, the 45 seems to have the least useful combination of feature of the other two.

quote:
Originally posted by Anubismp:
I have a new 19.5 MOS in my holster and can say the Gen5 is where it's at. I don't hate my other gens but I'd have no reservations if they let me trade the others in 1-1.

I'm gonna hold a mirror up on the whammy you dropped on all of us Para, you will buy a Gen 5.

As for the 47 I don't know that I think that needs a new model number but why not. I think what I'd really like would be for Glock to go crazy modular and sell all these parts separately for us to assemble as we please. It's probably not as lucrative as letting us all fill our safes with them however.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
The 45 makes a great duty weapon if using a holster sized to it. Full size grip but shorter length helps when sitting. My current duty holster can fit up to a Glock 34/35 but I cut it down to the wml so my hip is thanking me. I almost pushed the 45 for a new duty weapon this year when we changed but Glock wouldn’t tell me if it was ever coming in 357.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8011 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The way I figure it the MOS cut gives me lots of flexibility. I'd have said I was married to the rmr but now I have a holosun and I'm looking at the acro. Or just running flat top. They have aftermarket plates that fill the gap and I havent read about alot of failures, mostly install issues or potential failure points but not actuals.

I love the feature combo of the 19.5 MOS. At first the big sell was the half moon delete but now I'm really appreciating the forward serrations especially with the slicker nDLC and the magwell. I like a magwell anyways on my 19 to keep my hands on it but the flare is just enough of a lip to not need anything aftermarket.

Posts: 3043 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Didn't realize I had so many brothers in green on SigForum.

I kind of had a feeling that we would end up with Glocks. They've been in the hands of law enforcement now for decades. And there are just so many accessories and such already out there for these pistols. I think it was an obvious choice.

I've only ever fired a Glock a handful of times. I guess that's gonna change, lol.

Posts: 11157 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
My first thought on the modularity was, “Meh!”

I have a couple of P320 Full-size pistols, one setup with a compact and a subcompact conversion kit. Used it a fair bit in all five configurations (FS, C, SC, plus long slide compact and long slide subcompact). Decided I much prefer the straight Full-size. So much for the benefits of modularity.

Then just yesterday I was helping my daughter figure out what she liked best. She thought the FS was a little heavy. Set her up with the compact and she didn’t seem to notice additional recoil (though she had to work a little harder to manipulate the slide). She didn’t like the grip as much though - it has the more aggressive grit finish and is a large size compact grip. The full-size has a less aggressive (or more worn?) grit finish, and while the grit covers the marking, I’m pretty sure it is a medium rather than a large size. What was her favorite? The Full-size grip module with a compact slide, which is like a Carry version except it looks a little goofy with the dust cover sticking past the slide. I never thought the carry version made any sense since the grip is the hardest thing to hide, but that’s what she likes and since we have a dozen normal capacity full-size magazines after magpaluza (sp?) and only a half dozen ten rounders for the compact, the Carry is looking a lot more sensible.

I guess the modularity may not be as useless an idea as I thought it was...

Posts: 6914 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
G45/Carry style guns are becoming increasingly popular as duty weapons. Same capacity as the full size guns, but a shorter slide that is more comfortable when sitting and a bit quicker out of the holster.

Posts: 32490 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
G45/Carry style guns are becoming increasingly popular as duty weapons. Same capacity as the full size guns, but a shorter slide that is more comfortable when sitting and a bit quicker out of the holster.

It may not be relevant, but this was one of the reasons I liked carrying a 2" K-frame revolver, even preferring it to a 3" K-frame. It's also one of the things I like about my Beretta PX4 Compact (essentially a compact frame with a subcombact barrel/slide).

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:

However, similar language was used regarding the G17M and G19M designed for and adopted by the FBI, and those quickly became available to the general public in the form of the Gen 5 G17 and G19.

So while they may not be immediately available to consumers, I suspect it won't be long.
Glock likes money, after all... Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.militarytimes.com/...Early%20Bird%20Brief

Shhh...Glock just released a new Glock without really saying anything (G47)

Glock just quietly released yet another pistol, albeit with a catch — the company’s latest offering is exclusively available to US Customs and Border Protection, and will not be available on the commercial market for civilians to purchase.

This new pistol was announced as part of an $85 million dollar contract signed with the CBP which will see the largest federal law enforcement agency under the Department of Homeland Security shed its current standard sidearm, Heckler & Koch’s P2000 in .40 S&W, for a trio of Glock pistols chambered for the 9x19 mm Parabellum round.

Officially designated the Glock 47 (or G47), the gun is a functional blend of a few of Glock’s other products which the company hopes will give CBP agents a distinct advantage when in the field, should they need to draw and fire their weapons.

The G47 uses a 4.5 inch barrel, the same used on the company’s first full-sized pistol, the Glock 17. It can feed from a standard G17 double-stacked magazine with a capacity of 17 rounds, or from G19X, G34, and G45 magazines should the need arise.

According to The Firearm Blog, although the G47 uses a G17 barrel, the G17 slide is not compatible with the new gun. However, the end user can swap the G47 slide for the shorter G19 slide on preference.

TheTruthAboutGuns.com additionally noted that the G47 uses the same frame found on the compact crossover 9mm Glock 45.

G47s come standard with Ameriglo Bold sights, and the ability to field an RMR sight depending on the needs of the end user. G47s will feature a 100% parts compatibility with the G19 Gen 5 MOS pistol which CBP will also be picking up, which ultimately saves the agency money and hassle in the long run.

Currently, CBP’s goal is to phase in the G47 and the G19 as their agents’ standard duty weapons over the 10-year period of the multi-million dollar contract. It’s highly unlikely that the G47 will ever be sold to civilians, but then again, the market for such a pistol is already dominated by some of Glock’s other products.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
It’s highly unlikely that the G47 will ever be sold to civilians

Bullshit. It may or may not be labeled as the G47 (see the aforementioned "G17M/G19M" vs. "Gen 5"), but Glock will trot out that configuration on the civilian market at some point. Bet on it.

Posts: 32490 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Reason Glock will sell a G47 type pistol to civies.

Same reason Glock sold the G19X to civies.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Reason Glock will sell a G47 type pistol to civies.

Same reason Glock sold the G19X to civies.

17X ?

Posts: 528 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
It’s highly unlikely that the G47 will ever be sold to civilians

Bullshit. It may or may not be labeled as the G47 (see the aforementioned "G17M/G19M" vs. "Gen 5"), but Glock will trot out that configuration on the civilian market at some point. Bet on it.

My LGS told me yesterday they had the new G45 MOS in stock but the G47 was a Restricted Pistol and not available. Time will tell.

Posts: 604 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have not seen the 45 MOS listed anywhere yet.

Posts: 5159 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:

Gt Distributors has them listed.

Posts: 528 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:

Was on this site but has been moved.
https://www.gtdist.com/glock-g45-gen...fxd-sghts.html

Posts: 604 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You dig
Picture of evolution
posted Hide Post
I just want to know if the Federal Air Marshals and Federal Flight Deck Officers are going to be attached to this change!!! Anyone?

Posts: 2602 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sent you an email gatopescado

Posts: 2059 | Location: Alabama  | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post