SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New pistola for USBP
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New pistola for USBP Login/Join 
Picture of gatopescado
posted
We are going Glock and 9mm. Not sure which one yet.

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/n...ntract-duty-handguns

Posts: 994 | Location: South Texas | Registered: August 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hopefully it's the Glock 18!
Which .40 is currently being issued?

Posts: 465 | Location: suwanee, ga | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gatopescado
posted Hide Post
We use the H&K P2000 right now.

Some of the guys I talked to, said the new Glock may be just that, a new Glock, not just a modified exhisting model. We should find out pretty quick.

Posts: 994 | Location: South Texas | Registered: August 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
What would you guys require different than what’s already on the shelf? A Gen 5 G19 is basically a Glock P2000 out of the box minus the 100% Ambi controls.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7673 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Nice, good choice.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gatopescado
posted Hide Post
When they put out the initial solicitation, featurewise it really sounded like they wanted the Sig320. I will have to get more info from our firearms instructors as they will probably have all the info on the model we are getting.

Since CBP just did the press release everyone in the know will start passing on all the good info.

Everyone was really tight lipped through the whole process, nobody I know would even confirm which companies had made the final list.

posted Hide Post
The Glock pistol shown had G47 on the slide.

Posts: 604 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redrider1596
posted Hide Post
So looking at the pics the "47" looks like a 45 frame with a 17 slide. I'm scratching my head. It's a 17 gen5 mos with a short dust cover. Why? Haha

Posts: 321 | Location: Rio Grande Valley, TX | Registered: March 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OOooh, MOS action. Big Grin

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redrider1596:
So looking at the pics the "47" looks like a 45 frame with a 17 slide. I'm scratching my head. It's a 17 gen5 mos with a short dust cover. Why? Haha
Everyone needs to be 'special' and have 'their own gun'. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Plus they got some big balling extra long baseplates to! BIG TIME!!!

The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Whats up with those mag baseplates?

Posts: 7421 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's official. I have lost track of Glock models.

Life used to be simpler

Posts: 107481 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Cuz a G17 MOS would have just been crazy talk????

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7673 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
I'm with Para. The 47? What in the high holy hell is this?

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1951 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I think they mean Glock 7, the rare porcelain pistol made in Germany, undetectable to scanners n shit...

Posts: 23381 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redrider1596
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by redrider1596:
Everyone needs to be 'special' and have 'their own gun'. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Plus they got some big balling extra long baseplates to! BIG TIME!!!

I'm cool with it though. I love me a G17 and the G47 is a G17 that looks like the sexier 34 haha

Posts: 321 | Location: Rio Grande Valley, TX | Registered: March 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Is the 47 a longer-barrel version of the rotary-barrel 46?

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You dig
Picture of evolution
posted Hide Post
Wonder if the FFDO Program (Armed pilots) will get this gun.

Posts: 2602 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At least they are doing away with the front half moon cutout - nobody but the tactical tommies like that.