SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Opinions on Sig CPO guns?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Opinions on Sig CPO guns? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I have a CPO P232SL, and it has run flawlessly. Not my favorite gun to shoot (snappy, hammer-bite) or carry (heavy), but it is beautiful to look at and feels great in the hand.

Posts: 842 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Its a maturing platform

It's been out since early 2014. Six years and not "mature"?? I think not.

Red box CPO..a collector's item.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by Austin228:
SIG CPO's come in different grades, I have only recently started seeing "as new" or "new old stock" ones, often you see them listed VG(Very Good Condition) or EXC (Excellent) etc

That's a new one on me. Never seen such labeling for CPO SIGs. The Part Number label actually says that? For example, UDE229R-9-NOS?

quote:
So yea like I said they say the NRA grade "Excellent, Very Good" etc...

I'm interested in the "as new" and "new old stock" that you mentioned. Are they dealer/vendor's assignments, or are they actually SIG factory's labeling? I've seen dealers/sellers assigning the "Like new" or even "New" to SIG's Grade 1 (Excellent condition) CPOs all the time, and that's nothing new (pun not intended). But, as far as SIG factory CPO assignments are concerned, I've only seen Excellent or VG on their labels. SIG would never assign "new" or "new old stock" to their CPOs, as they are always considered used guns. Once the guns have left the factory and then come back, they can never be considered "new" guns again by SIG, even if they have been sitting in PD inventory unfired all these years.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGWALLY:
Q;

Are there printed books, websites, clubs ,periodicals ,or other forums that you access, that the rest of us can gain the type of knowledge that you possess? Please take this as the compliment I mean it to be. I hope you never tire doing this for us, in many cases you are the "sharp edge of the sword" when it comes to the fine details we all cherish. Thank you Sir.

Whatever info I share are what I've learned over the years through reading stuff here and there online and through correspondences with board members and with different current and former SIG employees. No special clubs, printed books or periodicals... Most of the info are, imo, interesting but inconsequential / useless factoids that only OCD guys like me are interested in. Big Grin Always happy to share them.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
SIG CPO's come in different grades, I have only recently started seeing "as new" or "new old stock" ones, often you see them listed VG(Very Good Condition) or EXC (Excellent) etc

That's a new one on me. Never seen such labeling for CPO SIGs. The Part Number label actually says that? For example, UDE229R-9-NOS?

quote:
So yea like I said they say the NRA grade "Excellent, Very Good" etc...

I'm interested in the "as new" and "new old stock" that you mentioned. Are they dealer/vendor's assignments, or are they actually SIG factory's labeling? I've seen dealers/sellers assigning the "Like new" or even "New" to SIG's Grade 1 (Excellent condition) CPOs all the time, and that's nothing new (pun not intended). But, as far as SIG factory CPO assignments are concerned, I've only seen Excellent or VG on their labels. SIG would never assign "new" or "new old stock" to their CPOs, as they are always considered used guns. Once the guns have left the factory and then come back, they can never be considered "new" guns again by SIG, even if they have been sitting in PD inventory unfired all these years.

I think now is it just vendor mislabeling of CPO "B1" Excellent graded guns

because is there an NRA grade "New" I don't think so

Below the gun being sold is this MPN: UDE229-40-B1<----"Excellent" but is being called factory certified as new

I will check my latest box when I finish working and make sure but I bet its a B1 also.

https://www.classicfirearms.co...ry-certified-as-new/

Posts: 1471 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think now is it just vendor mislabeling of CPO "B1" Excellent graded guns

because is there an NRA grade "New" I don't think so

Below the gun being sold is this MPN: UDE229-40-B1<----"Excellent" but is being called factory certified as new

I will check my latest box when I finish working and make sure but I bet its a B1 also.

https://www.classicfirearms.co...ry-certified-as-new/

Yup, it is seller's BS speak, not SIG factory.

The link you posted shows the dealer's headline, Sig Sauer P229 Semi-Automatic SA/DA Pistol 40 S&W 12rd 3.9" Barrel - UDE229-40-B1 - Factory Certified As New. That "Factory Certified As New" is total bullshit. Ask them to show the factory Part Number label, and there will be no such thing.

Here is a CPO example sold by CDNN. The top label is SIG factory. Nothing As New or Like New on it. Just the typical "B1", "Used", and "Excellent Condition".

The bottom label is seller's label, with "LN". If one were to hazard a guess, that would be Like New.

Q

Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
yep thats what mine was like they added the LN CPO

Posts: 1471 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks 12131. I seem to learn more and more here all the time. Never knew about the grades.I was looking at a CPO the other day. I will have to go and check on it again.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post