SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Opinions on Sig CPO guns?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Opinions on Sig CPO guns? Login/Join 
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted
I have always bought new. However dealer has a P320 Subcompact CPO that I am considering. Looking at the slide, barrel and especially the feed ramp I see zero wear and no indications that ANY rounds have been fired through it. Feed ramp is pristine.
So my question is: Are these NEW replacement parts or refinished and reblued USED parts. Can not get a definitive answer anywhere. Thanks!

P.S. Mags and night sights are definitely brand new, I am worried about the rest of the gun...(???)

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've purchased (and still have) several CPO pistols that were outstanding, and may as well have been new. I wouldn't hestitate to buy a Sig CPO firearm.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just bought a P226 Sig CPO, these red box guns I was told have all new springs,re-nitrided slides, and usually have replaced barrels and RSA's. Mine looks and operates as new.

Posts: 43 | Location: Hilton Head Island, SC | Registered: August 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
They can be any number of things, but IMO are usually LEO turn ins (when the P320 drop fire thingy happened, SIG did some wholesale replacements for departments) or warranty returned guns.

All are reworked and remade to be 'new', so you should be good to go, assuming the price between it and a new model is enough of a difference to tempt you.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
It's been a long time since I looked at one. But the CPO's I purchased (before that boating accident) all have triple serial numbers so it's clear they didn't replace the barrel. I'm guessing it's a unit by unit determination of what the item needs.

Sometimes you get lucky and might have something that was sent out for evaluation (and very few rounds were fired) or something that might have been carried by an office and shot very little.

Since the CPO has been inspected by Sig and has a warranty, how can you go wrong if it looks good?

(Well I guess it wouldn't hurt to look at the terms and conditions under the warranty)

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I have a few 226s. My favorite is a CPO parts gun.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Factory refurbished guns. Could be new replacement parts, could be refinished parts, could be original unused parts. Depends on where Sig got it and what condition it was in. A lot of the CPO guns are LE turn ins, some of which will be reserve guns that were never issued. I got a CPO 226 once that was still in factory plastic and grease. No sign of any wear at all. I got a 229 that had a refinished frame and some minor dings here and there with what looked like a new barrel. Both have been superb pistols. I've had several others that were in between those two condition wise, but I've never seen one with any issues that would make me pass it up.

If you find a CPO you like and the price is good, I'd jump on it.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I've only ever bought one, and it was nearly pristine.

I highly doubt there was much of any refurbing done, given that it was a 1911 in .357 sig, and therefore exactly the kind of gun someone buys and doesn't shoot a lot because of ammo expenses.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Many of my Sigs are CPOs. A screaming deal and factory fresh.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR:
I'm guessing it's a unit by unit determination of what the item needs.

That jibes with what I've seen of CPOs. The thing is that the worst you can do is still factory refurbished (with a temporary warranty) and plenty cheap, so in my mind if you like the pistol and the price then it's almost certainly worth the gamble.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
I have two CPOs and both are Great guns.

Both are also FrankenGuns where SIG used what was on-hand to get a product out the door.

My favorite is my no-rail P229 Equinox

However these are guns that I only buy from a dealer where I can look in each box and find that Easter Egg Big Grin

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Recently, the CPO offerings are increasingly pricey.

A $500 CPO P226 makes sense. But an $800 X5 Legion or $950 SAO 229 Legion is too close to new pricing.

Posts: 481 | Registered: June 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most of my Sig pistols are CPO guns and vary in condition but most have come to me pretty much LNIB or almost never touched.

I have never had a problem with any of them and I run stock pistols. The only thing I change is the sights and I keep them sort of cleaned and oiled.

With that being said I would not hesitate to carry one on duty.

In fact I have a CPO 229 chambered in .40 with me that I carry off duty and traveling.

BUT BUT BUT
Somehow the word got out how great they are and now the prices are steadily climbing

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On the CPO's you get a warranty AND SIG goes through the gun and replaces the springs and any items that are worn. SO, you should be able to count on the gun functioning as it should and be able to buy them with piece of mind. On a used gun, you never know what you're going to get. Usually a great gun with low round count, but who knows, can also be someone's problem child that never functioned properly.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I had a CPO P229 I really liked. I've had thoughts here and there about looking for a CPO P226 some day.

Posts: 17060 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I would not buy a CPO P320. Its a maturing platform and who knows if they made the proper machining and fixes to fix the drop safety among other issues.

CPO P226? Yes all day.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
The replacement parts are new. The Nitron frame and slide may be refinished inhouse. The work is done in the same shop that houses the Custom Shop. Knowing someone who rebuilds most I would have zero problem picking one up.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
O.K. O.K. I'll buy it already! Smile Yes it is a great price ands I said looks fantastic. I'll give an update when I have detail stripped it and cleaned it.
Oh yes. It has had the new safety upgrades. First thing I checked. Thanks everybody!

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The P320F Red Box that I bought was new as far as I could tell.

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
I would not buy a CPO P320. Its a maturing platform and who knows if they made the proper machining and fixes to fix the drop safety among other issues.

It's 6/15/20
Stop it.
Right now.

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post