SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    After some waiting....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

After some waiting.... Login/Join 
posted
I have been bugging a buddy of mine for some time to sell me his p228. Well, a few weeks ago he sends me a message asking if i am still interested in the Sig. He says, do you want the one that works some of the time (p228), or the one that works all the time (p229 40sw)? Well i ended up with both Big Grin . I gave them both a good cleaning and took them to the range. The P229 shot fine no issues.

The P228 had a few failure to feeds (the slide would not fully close after feeding a round), and a slide would not lock open on the last round. I did not keep track of what mag it did it on (well i guess another range trip is in order). I was using a mix of factory 115gr ammo (winchester, federal) and some 147gr Ranger.

The P228 is from 1995 (IIRC) marked as "Made in Germany". The 229 is from around 2002 (original night sights dated 02).

NRA Life Member

Posts: 31 | Registered: April 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice. The P228 may just need a new recoil spring.

Where can I find friends like that?

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Beauties. yep, new spring and perhaps some 124g ammo. My .02

Posts: 3520 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I won't say what i paid for them, but both were less than my legion. A few years back my buddy also sold me a Beretta Bobcat (22lr), the slide would rub on the hammer and fail to go into battery. Cleaned it and lightly polished the hammer were it contacted the slide. Works flawlessly now. i paid more to do the transfer ($35 in CA) than what he was asking for it.

Well i will be ordering a new recoil spring to see if that solves the issues with the 228.

NRA Life Member

Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE

Well i will be ordering a new recoil spring to see if that solves the issues with the 228.[/QUOTE]

I'd get some new mag springs too, since you're already paying s&h. Have fun with your new toys!

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Disassemble and clean the magazine too.

Posts: 9510 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
unfortunately these came with 10 round mags... i will have to fix that!

NRA Life Member