SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Just got a new Sig 320sc from brownells - is there a trick to removing the takedown lever?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just got a new Sig 320sc from brownells - is there a trick to removing the takedown lever? Login/Join 
posted
I bought this Sig 320sc to upgrade from my sig250sc. Both are in 9mm, my extra mags, holsters, etc all fit. The first cleaning & lubing prior to first range trip, I found that the tolerences were much tigheter on the 320. the only complaint I have is that I cant seem to be able to completely remove the takedown lever, so I wasn't able to swap out the extra frames I have.
Is there some trick for removing the takedown lever ?
I saw in the manual that some have a tamperproof takedown lever - how do I tell if they put one on this gun?
The frame changes were the main reason I bought the sig320 as opposed to the s&w m&p mod2 or the Springfield armory xd mod2.

Posts: 47 | Registered: August 15, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought the tamperproof takedown lever was only on the military M17/M18.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Push it out as far as it goes easily. Then twist/rotate as you pull.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It helps to first apply oil to the contact points

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4263 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on the new 320.
Mine was real tight at first, too. Try pushing on the right side as you pull and twist on the left side.

Posts: 35 | Registered: October 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xaircav
posted Hide Post
With use and firing it will get easier.

I have flown among the trees and looked into the face of the enemy.

Posts: 785 | Registered: October 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I keep pressure on the opposite side of the lever as I manipulate the lever. It should push through as you twist it.

What, me worry?

Posts: 2126 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
The tamper proof lever has a visible spanner screw head on the right side. I don't think any have made it into the consumer supply chain. Mine was tight when new.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
is it worth it to get a 320sc if you have a P365.......

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2506 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
wow, finally used enough force & wiggling the lever to get it out for first cleaning.
will have to replace the slide lock lever with the narrower one so I can use the compact frame though.
First range trip with 320sc a success!!
MUCH easier to shoot than the 250sc, but as I am more used to the 250sc, took about 150 rounds before I was shooting the 320 in one ragged hole, like with the 250.

Thank you all for the advice - very much appreciated!!!

Posts: 47 | Registered: August 15, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post