SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Just bought a P210A....Am I crazy?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just bought a P210A....Am I crazy? Login/Join 
posted
Came down to the PPQ M2 Q5 Match vs P210A...I loved the Walther too.

PPQ=$800
P210=$1500

Trigger on the 210 is so light I'm guessing less than 3 lbs.

PPQ balanced well even with the longer barrel and polymer frame.

Feeling sticker shock but been chasing a P210 for 15 years, I hope I did the right thing...

Posts: 114 | Location: NJ | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You did good. But the chase is more stimulating than the capture sometimes.

Posts: 102 | Location: N.E. Wyoming | Registered: May 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy7159:
You did good. But the chase is more stimulating than the capture sometimes.

This is good advice, now I know how a hunter feels I guess.

Posts: 114 | Location: NJ | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, best send it to me for evaluation...

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Shoot 'em both and then see if you have any doubts. The trigger alone makes a huge difference, and my WAG is that you'll see an appreciable difference in accuracy.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Took delivery of mine a couple of weeks ago. Once I got the take-down figured out, everything is great

Mailman today, delivered three add'l mags. Had to buy direct from Sig as no other usual sources showed availability.

Posts: 14 | Registered: January 28, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You are crazy as a fox. So am I waited 20 years for mine got it this year. Shoots great very accurate.

Posts: 361 | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
IMO once you shoot the P210-A you will never be concerned again about how much the investment was.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
I just asked my local FFL to pick one up for me this week. He hasn’t gotten back to me yet so I’m hoping he’s able to order it.

Posts: 691 | Registered: January 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The only SIG that deserves the Custom Shop logo, and yet, it doesn't have one, while all other Custom Shop SIGs parade around with their pretend label.

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Q, never thought of that, but you're right. Now that I think about it, I'm glad the 210A doesn't have that "pretend label". I've always thought that little custom shop logo was just a marketing tool, like stamping "Match", "NM', all over pistol barrels. IMHO, a lot of shooters really want to believe their pistols are special just due to being marked Custom/Match/Combat/Elite/Tactical/Ninja, or whatever.....

timrh23, I was one of the most dedicated and negative of naysayers about an American made P210 prior to their introduction. I took a chance and ordered one due to positive reports by early owners. Turns out they are very nice guns IMHO. I think it's pretty neat that more shooters can now experience why some of us have extolled the virtues of the P210s for a very long time. I know some owners of earlier Swiss and German guns disparage the American version. I understand, and perhaps these new versions will demonstrate some critical deficiencies over time. But to this point, my 210A has performed no differently than the earlier Swiss and German versions in my hands.

So NO, I don't think you are Crazy. Enjoy that new pistol.

NRA Life

Posts: 1561 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tuesday was gone when I told her my name is the breeze.
posted Hide Post
great post rock.I sure am more interested in getting a 210a after what you current 210 owners have wrote about them.

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats!!!

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rock185:
Q, never thought of that, but you're right. Now that I think about it, I'm glad the 210A doesn't have that "pretend label". I've always thought that little custom shop logo was just a marketing tool, like stamping "Match", "NM', all over pistol barrels. IMHO, a lot of shooters really want to believe their pistols are special just due to being marked Custom/Match/Combat/Elite/Tactical/Ninja, or whatever.....

timrh23, I was one of the most dedicated and negative of naysayers about an American made P210 prior to their introduction. I took a chance and ordered one due to positive reports by early owners. Turns out they are very nice guns IMHO. I think it's pretty neat that more shooters can now experience why some of us have extolled the virtues of the P210s for a very long time. I know some owners of earlier Swiss and German guns disparage the American version. I understand, and perhaps these new versions will demonstrate some critical deficiencies over time. But to this point, my 210A has performed no differently than the earlier Swiss and German versions in my hands.

So NO, I don't think you are Crazy. Enjoy that new pistol.

I'm quite impressed with the build quality, Can't wait to shoot it. I've never been lucky enough to see a Swiss/German one but this one is as tight as anything I've ever seen. I recall hearing a Sig rep say they "changed the lockup/action" to make the 210A more affordable to make. Does anyone know what is different within the P210A if anything at all???

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by timrh23:
I'm quite impressed with the build quality, Can't wait to shoot it. I've never been lucky enough to see a Swiss/German one but this one is as tight as anything I've ever seen. I recall hearing a Sig rep say they "changed the lockup/action" to make the 210A more affordable to make. Does anyone know what is different within the P210A if anything at all???

The lockup of the Swiss and German P210s are similar to the 1911, with the small lugs on top of the barrel locked onto the corresponding recesses on the slide.

The lockup of the P210A is just like other P-series SIGs, with the top of the barrel chamber acting as one giant lug.

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tuesday was gone when I told her my name is the breeze.
posted Hide Post
Q
Thanks for posting those pictures.

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I wanna go home
Picture of jeeperxd
posted Hide Post
I bought one about a month ago and love it. Wish i would have bought it sooner.

Posts: 1199 | Location: Pa | Registered: December 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve owned a Swiss 210-4, a German Legend Target, and recently bought a 210A. Quality, finish,and accuracy, the 210A is honestly equal, in fact my 210A has a better trigger than my Legend with almost no creep whatsoever and a truly glass rod break to its trigger. I also prefer the 1911 style safety placement. I don’t know how well these 210A are selling for Sig, but I think they are a bargain for the asking price.

Posts: 172 | Registered: August 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Those are two very different animals as far as I am concerned. Both great choices, but for different applications. Nice pick up.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Not crazy. It's one of the few current production handguns I have any interest in picking up this year, even if it means I'd be breaking my no-buy streak.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post