SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Just bought a P210A....Am I crazy?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just bought a P210A....Am I crazy? Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
timrh23, you bought a great pistol. Congrats!

As a CA resident there’s no possibly for me to get a P210A. OTOH, I’m pretty happy with my 9mm SIG X5 Comp, with its Robert Burke action job and Hogue G10 grips. I was fortunate to get the X5 before the export ban occurred.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8933 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by timrh23:
I'm quite impressed with the build quality, Can't wait to shoot it. I've never been lucky enough to see a Swiss/German one but this one is as tight as anything I've ever seen. I recall hearing a Sig rep say they "changed the lockup/action" to make the 210A more affordable to make. Does anyone know what is different within the P210A if anything at all???

The lockup of the Swiss and German P210s are similar to the 1911, with the small lugs on top of the barrel locked onto the corresponding recesses on the slide.

The lockup of the P210A is just like other P-series SIGs, with the top of the barrel chamber acting as one giant lug.

Thank you for posting those pics, I get it now. Smart change I think.

So I shot 150 rounds today out of the P210A. It is hella accurate and smooth. The trigger is awesome but it scared me twice when I had placed my finger on it while on target it went off before I was expecting it to.

Something unexpected happened though, I had 2 light primer strikes during that session. I recocked and fired again and they went off. Might need a little more breaking in but I'll keep an eye on it...

Posts: 114 | Location: NJ | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
[...]
Thank you for posting those pics, I get it now. Smart change I think.

So I shot 150 rounds today out of the P210A. It is hella accurate and smooth.[...]

Please can you post a picture of the test target that came with the gun, if any?

Posts: 341 | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I don’t think that the P210A comes with a test target.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8933 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No target with my P210A.

Posts: 14 | Registered: January 28, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by timrh23:
I had 2 light primer strikes during that session.

What ammunition?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am waiting for a carry or compact version without the target grips. If and when that happens, I will jump.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post