SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    If you could only have one handgun, you would select the…?
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you could only have one handgun, you would select the…? Login/Join 
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Original CZ PCR w/o the dustcover rail.

If a "why the fxxx not" pistol, Beretta 93R.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3448 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only one gun? Aww...never played this game before.

At the end of the day, 45 ACP is the caliber I enjoy most. It's easy to reload, I can make very accurate loads with little work, and hot 45 ACP is pretty easy to deal with, unlike 44 Magnum. My 629 is tempting, but 45 is more fun. It works great for defense too.

I have a bunch of handguns in 45 ACP and I can never decide which I like best. I guess I like some better than others depending upon the day of the week.

A SIG P210, if they offered it with an ambidextrous safety and a 15 round mag (or at least a stagger-stacked 10 round mag), would be extremely tempting.

Posts: 16 | Registered: December 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Amurr
posted Hide Post
As of today the answer is CZ custom Protek I

Posts: 2628 | Location: On the shore of Lake Lanier | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
As much as I look forward to EDC my G43/48, in a world where the SHTF, I would choose my G30SF and a couple of g21 magazine reloads.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1324 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well if it's gotta due for everything from daily carry to end of the world scenarios it'll have to throw some pretty impressive stats. For that I'd pick a Model 66 Smith...wadcutters for supreme accuracy on small game to 50 yds, 125's at speed for daily carry, 158 gr LSWC's for deer to 50 yds and my familiarity with it for over 50 years. A close 2nd, maybe a hair's breadth difference would be a tuned .45 1911 with a .22 LR spare upper. It will do all that the 66 can do, if you limit the deer hunting scenario to 30 yds. YMMv, Rod

5th Spl Forces, Air Force Bird Dog FAC, lll Corps RVN 69-70.... We enjoy the Bill of Rights by the sacrifices of our veterans;
Politicians, Preachers, Educators, Journalists and Community Organizers are beneficiaries, not defenders of our freedoms.

Posts: 727 | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So only one handgun for everything. Hunting sidearm, home defense, SHTF, etc.. I’d want a 10mm. Either a 1911 in 10mm or a G20.

+

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
R

Probably a Glock 19.

Posts: 937 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My rotation includes 2 224s, 229C and my 238.

If only one gun, G19.

Posts: 655 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always answer this question the same way -- "A nicer Python"

Now, I guess I have the option of a new one.

Pragmatism: the relentless pursuit of seeing things as they really are.

Posts: 172 | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSIGPACK
posted Hide Post
Hands down P226!!

Posts: 669 | Location: Orlando,FL. | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Based on what I have now it would probably be my M&P40. Bit difficult for conceal carry though.

Semper Fidelis

Posts: 119 | Location: Missouri | Registered: August 01, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I have a fair amount of pistols, but if I were limited to one, it would be my Ruger SP101 327 Federal Magnum 3".

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
So back in 2017 I said Glock 19.

Today I'd go with the P365XL.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Glock 26, it's always gonna be the Glock 26, millions of mags are available, 9mm is generally a widely available round, it takes 26, 19, 17/34 and larger glock mags, even a drum.

Other option would be Kel-Tec Sub2000 setup for Glock mags, foldable, easily kept in a back pack, light, again, glockable... I coulda bought one in the late pleasantness before the DamPanic for under $3 bills...

It's not that I wouldn't prefer to have a Ruger Alaskan for killing off Zombies, Vampires, rabid homeless meth fueled hookers n such, but finding ammo might be a bitch,

Can we have a BUG, if so the Kel-Tec CP33 as well, nothing like 33 rounds of 22 as a backup, carry three mags and you have close to 100 lightweight backup to the 9 lots of 22 out there too, Prefer the PMR30 but finding 22 Mag might be tricky....

Posts: 23436 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well my favorite pistol of all time is the SigSauer X5 stainless steel 226. I don't have one yet.

Besides that the only common sense pistol is the Sig P320 FCU and a multitude of modules, different slides, all the triggers and custom parts in most of the calibers and additional parts to construct a couple of FCU's. That about covers it. I could keep myself busy for a very long time with the above.

Posts: 113 | Registered: December 01, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1st choice: 5" stainless Ruger GP100 in .357Magnum is an easy selection.

2nd choice: P220R Nitron in .45ACP

God Bless You and Your House,

Mark
www.bikersforchrist.org

Posts: 232 | Registered: November 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It would still be a g19. Although my shield plus has really grown on me.

Posts: 2753 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My SIG P239. Despite a number of limitations, I love carrying and shooting the 239.

Posts: 27 | Location: Georgia | Registered: November 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RoboV
posted Hide Post
Beretta 92FS Centurion.

The first round I fired through the gun hit the X dead center from about 40 feet.

I don't recall hitting outside the 8 ring in the first 500 rounds fired. Not rapid fire, just plinking, most distances 30 to 40 feet.

The first time I brought my P225 to the range I brought the Centurion along and expected somewhat similar results with the 225. It wasn't the case. I didn't shoot the 225 well and got great results with the Centurion again.

To say I was puzzled is an understatement. The 225 feels so good in the hand. On subsequent range trips I started shooting the P225 better, getting good results.

"Lion Heart is all heart, Smarty Jones is all out!!!"

Posts: 621 | Location: Destrehan, La. U.S. | Registered: October 22, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lechiffre
posted Hide Post
A Walther PPS M2

Posts: 622 | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post