SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    If you could only have one handgun, you would select the…?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you could only have one handgun, you would select the…? Login/Join 
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
G19

Posts: 4518 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
My Precious is a P226/SSE in 357 Sig. But I'm going to cheat and bring the 40 & 9mm conversion barrels.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
revolver. S&W model 66 4"

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I'm cheating and will go with the G128. Razz

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
My Precious is a P226/SSE in 357 Sig. But I'm going to cheat and bring the 40 & 9mm conversion barrels.

P229 in 357 SIG and cheating with 40 S&W and 9 mm barrels as well.

Posts: 118 | Location: Hampton, VA / Salvo, NC | Registered: June 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Only one?

Glock 18. Smile

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Glock 17

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SSAreGreat:
If one had to be limited to one handgun and one caliber for EDC, Home Defense, Zombie Apocalypse, and Alien Invasion...

Happy shooting

Desert Eagle. 50AE. Six inch barrel with the muzzle brake.

I'd rather have to pull my pants up instead of having marginally perforated zombies and I don't know if a 9mm will take down the intergalactic space bunny...

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig P226 9mm

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
My Glock 17 older gen 3 that has never ever had an issue.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not to long ago I would have easily said my 229, specifically my legion given the versatile of a fantastic combat gun that I could carry in most any situation. Now I would say my 320c RX. Unless I'm blind, I can utilize this forever and have the option to go full size for HD (although my compact can do just as well) or throw on a sc grip for easy concealment.

Ask this question in about 3 months and I might say the 320 X-carry.

Posts: 178 | Registered: May 16, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Glock 19 small enough for everyday carry and big enough neverday for a gun fight.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One Who Knows
Picture of Brother
posted Hide Post
G19.

Posts: 1587 | Location: Central MO | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glock 19

There are so many others that I want to be the answer, but the compact Glock is it.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I don't even want to think about it.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Glock 19, even though I am now EDCing a Walther PPS M2, the 19 is the "One Gun".

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
I don't even want to think about it.

Ya' that's a head scratcher...

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It would probably have to be my SIG P229R chambered in .40 S&W/357 SIG.

Posts: 372 | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dbltap
posted Hide Post
The ugly rock star, G19 gen 4
On my hip as I type this.

Posts: 458 | Registered: August 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
My Sig P229 Legion in 9mm all day long.

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post