SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    If you could only have one handgun, you would select the…?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you could only have one handgun, you would select the…? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
If I could have only one handgun, I'd select a different place to live where I can have more handguns.

Which is precisely what I do now.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
G19 with some 33 rounds magazines Smile

Posts: 900 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
The practical, but boring answer: Glock 19

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
For me to only have one handgun would mean that I didn't have a chance to get to the safe for any of the others. So I'd have my G23, because that's what I always carry and have at the ready. If I can get to my conversion barrels I guess that I would be okay with leaving everything else.

But I'd give up the traditional handgun in a heartbeat if I could take my AR pistol in its place. Especially if I could get a M203 mounted on it... Wink

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
M11-A1

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
From what I already own, P228. If I had to start from scratch and could only have 1, probably a G19.

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
P320

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig P226.

Posts: 1359 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of awa762
posted Hide Post
I'll start out with a Glock 31 Gen 4 / .357 sig. Then if I don't get killed off and run out of ammo, I'll commandeer a 9mm glock, because they're everywhere.

Join and Support the NRA

Posts: 180 | Location: Greater New Orleans Area... see us on the news??? | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
It pains me to say this...but it would be my G23.

It would really hurt giving up the rest of them.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
G17 or G19.

I would also be fine with a 226, M9, or 1911 or 220.

Posts: 987 | Registered: January 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If were stuck in the one pistol scenario for a long period of time with no possibility of getting another pistol, I'd go with either a S&W or Ruger revolver in .357 magnum. I could use plentiful .38 special and the .357 for hunting.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
G19 or G17. I don't shoot Glocks well but if we are talking the last and only gun I can get my hands on, I would learn to shoot them well.

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glock 19.

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For me it would be a W/G P226 9x19 with about 4 mags.

Posts: 826 | Location: CA | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
VP9 with Trijicon HD XR sights.

Posts: 173 | Location: boston | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
HK P2000. HD's, LEM, Talons.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: elde,

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two years ago I would have said my P229 SCT....Now, 2 years and 20,000 rounds later, it would be a P320

Posts: 2689 | Location: Orlando Area | Registered: February 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My EDC and bedside gun are a P220 Elite 10mm DA/SA Stainless steel beauty, with a couple of reloads.

But fortunately I'm not limited to one gun, and have a number (All SIGs, DA/SA) stashed in places around the abode, all fully loaded with a round in the chamber.

I just haven't become fascinated with the plastic guns.
And thank God we're usually not limited to one!

Cheers, and stay safe,

Pilotka
NRA Lifer

Posts: 69 | Location: Manassas Park, VA | Registered: May 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pilotka:
...a P220 Elite 10mm DA/SA Stainless steel beauty, with a couple of reloads...

Seems like the Zombies wouldn't have much of a chance in your front yard.

Not sure about the aliens however, if they can travel billions of miles, I don't know if I'd trust a 9...

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post