SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    If you could only have one handgun, you would select the…?
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you could only have one handgun, you would select the…? Login/Join 
posted
If one had to be limited to one handgun and one caliber for EDC, Home Defense, Zombie Apocalypse, and Allie and Invasion which handgun in which caliber would you choose? I realize it is hard to make such a "one gun fits all" choice since most of us have multiple handguns for different purposes. Such an exercise, however, helps to focus one's thinking on the reasons why we choose particular brands, models, and calibers.

For myself, I would have to go with my SIG Sauer 226 MK25 9 Mm handgun with many many magazines. This outstanding pistol works best for me since it is highly reliable, accurate, and low recoil. I have multiple handguns and am planning to buy more this year but the 226 would be the single one that I would choose.

Happy shooting

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 879 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It would have to be my CZ97B .45

Posts: 693 | Location: E. Central Missouri | Registered: January 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
226R is my favorite, but if I had to only have one to do everything including CCW, I would have to go wth the Glock 19.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Probably a Glock 19.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glock 19. Not my absolute favorite, but ubiquitous parts supply.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
P228, any day and twice on Sunday.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6021 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
Right now, my Legion.

If I ever get the manual safety P320, it'd be that.

9mm for both.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Glock 31

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm just preparing my
impromptu remarks
posted Hide Post
Toss-up - either a Glock 19 with spare G17 mags or a Glock 17. In fact, the former is my current EDC, and the latter is my former EDC and my current nightstand pistol.

Posts: 331 | Location: PA | Registered: May 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Can I have conversion barrels?
If so, my G23 with 9mm & 357 SIG barrels.
And appropriate mags as well.
And my Octane 45HD.

Posts: 6288 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
G19

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jwk226
posted Hide Post
Sig 226 in 9mm is the one I would choose all day long!

Posts: 63 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: February 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are grip modules cheating? P320 compact with both carry and sub compact grip frames Smile

Posts: 661 | Location: The realm of Texas | Registered: February 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own Sig classic P-series (DA/SA), P320's, Glocks (G19, G34) and revolvers.

If forced to pick one, it would be the P320C 9mm. Technically, I only own ONE P320. However, the FS .40 X-change kit gives my a big gun and the no-rail SC grip frame gives me a little gun. Also, if necessary, other caliber options in the future.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
I would have to say my M11-A1. It's fairly compact, high capacity, and reliable.

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
Glock 26. Easy to carry,all Glock mags fit from 10 to 33. More accurate than I am. + I already own it and plenty of 9mm ammo.

Posts: 4403 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AZnine
posted Hide Post
Glock 19

Posts: 163 | Location: Mesa, AZ | Registered: June 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
HK P2000 9mm or a Glock 19

Either can play many roles very well.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SSAreGreat:
If one had to be limited to one handgun and one caliber for EDC, Home Defense, Zombie Apocalypse, and Allie and Invasion which handgun in which caliber would you choose? I realize it is hard to make such a "one gun fits all" choice since most of us have multiple handguns for different purposes. Such an exercise, however, helps to focus one's thinking on the reasons why we choose particular brands, models, and calibers.

For myself, I would have to go with my SIG Sauer 226 MK25 9 Mm handgun with many many magazines. This outstanding pistol works best for me since it is highly reliable, accurate, and low recoil. I have multiple handguns and am planning to buy more this year but the 226 would be the single one that I would choose.

Happy shooting

Before 1990.......45acp. After 1990......40S&W. After 2010.....9mm.

As for size, I would pick something in the G19/P229/P30 sized platform.

Posts: 727 | Location: Midwest | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired, laying back
and enjoying life
Picture of low8option
posted Hide Post
1911 in 45.

Freedom comes from the will of man. In America it is guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment

Posts: 876 | Location: Northern Alabama | Registered: June 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post