SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    If you could only have one handgun, you would select the…?
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you could only have one handgun, you would select the…? Login/Join 
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
My 229 Legion in 357Sig.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As much as i love my sig pistols it would be a browning hi power.

Posts: 15 | Registered: July 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P229 Legion .40

Posts: 3 | Location: Lafayette, IN | Registered: February 16, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
My G19 is on my side every day but for the criteria in the original post, I might have to give consideration to my G21. Glad I do not have to worry about zombies or aliens, yet.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1321 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P320 compact in 9mm. Ideally have a barrel for .357 as well. Same size as the G19, but easier to clean and a better trigger.

-c1steve

Posts: 4041 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
Glock 19. Not my absolute favorite, but ubiquitous parts supply.

^^^^^^^^^^
This. It's kindof like buying a Toyota Camry or a Honda Accord. Not really exciting but it accomplishes what you paid for routinely and reliably.

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tra Vinh
posted Hide Post
If I could only have one pistol, P226ST .40S&W would be the one.

Posts: 301 | Location: (30 16' 28.56"N , 97 44' 26.07"W) | Registered: October 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Considering the various duties I demand of my pistols my one and only choices would be a p210 series or 1911 but only if I could also include a 22 conversion unit with additional magazines and in the case of the 1911 perhaps even several different slides for different lengths. I simply can not be without a 22, but would still need a center fire of some sort for serious defense.

Posts: 3271 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wiskytango
posted Hide Post
G17 RTF

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
The Iceman killeth

P226 Elite TB
MK25
P226 Navy
P220 SAS
P229r DAK

Posts: 32 | Location: Fredericksburg, Va | Registered: April 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
legendary_lawman
Picture of prairieviper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
revolver. S&W model 66 4"

Me too.

"In God We Trust"

Posts: 1992 | Location: Central USA - Cornfields & Cows | Registered: May 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
9mm 226, preferably my Legion.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KHolm
posted Hide Post
Sig p228... I've never owned or shot one, but that's the one I want for a time when I'll only have one. Big Grin

Isaiah 54:17 - No weapon formed against us shall prosper....

What do I want? A time machine.
When do I want it? Irrelevant.

Posts: 1820 | Location: Central Iowa CAPTIVE | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
There is only one, a Beretta 93R. It worked for RoboCop so it will work for you too.

I can shoot it semi auto or three round burst or as an SBR.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2184 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vero8:
Printing be dammed, Beretta 92

If I'm down to one, that's as good as any and better than most. Tons of 'em out there with lots of parts and mags. Boringly reliable.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
Glock 19

Posts: 4449 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AUTiger89:
P228, any day and twice on Sunday.

Gotta agree...

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tundrav84wd
posted Hide Post
HK P2000 in 357 Sig. Not much that gun and caliber can't do.

Old School German Sigs,....Quality and Reliability you can consistently depend on, right out of the box.

**Remembering 9/11/2001 Celebrating 5/1/2011**

OPUS DEI CUM PECUNIA ALIENUM EFFICEMUS

Posts: 6417 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Animis Opibusque Parati
posted Hide Post
Glock 19.
Is it my favorite pistol? No.
Has it worked 100% of the time I shot it? Yes.
Do I have spare parts and plenty of 9mm? Yes.

My G19 is like the claw hammer in my toolbox. It isn't the nicest tool I have access to, but it is there when I need one to do the job at hand.

"Prepared in mind and resources"

Posts: 1351 | Location: SC | Registered: October 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
P220 in 45. Which one I would keep would be a difficult choice however.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post