SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    If you could only have one handgun, you would select the…?
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you could only have one handgun, you would select the…? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pilotka:
I carried an M11-A1 with rosewood grips for quite a bit, and thoroughl liked it; concealed easily OWB. BUT, my first experience with my new P220 Eite 10 mm was a change for the unexpected; it's my now favorite EDC, and I consider it my "Grail Gun" I haven't tried it against any Zombies yet but have every confidence in the 10 mm round.

Pilotka Nra lifer

Nice to see a number of posts for the 228, M11-A1, and 229. SIG work great for me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 879 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SSAreGreat:
quote:
Originally posted by Depami:
Beretta PX4-Storm Compact.

Great I found someone who agrees with me. One of my two local carry guns is a FS PX4 Storm 9mm. The other is my SIG M11-A1. The PX4 is at Cummings Custom Refinshing in TN. Happy Shooting.

I carry a 9mm PX4 Compact Carry 95% of the time. The other 5% is a P365 only due to size:capacity ratio. Struggling to like my new 9mm P229-Legion-RX.

Posts: 117 | Registered: August 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Beretta PX4-Storm Compact.

Great I found someone who agrees with me. One of my two local carry guns is a FS PX4 Storm 9mm. The other is my SIG M11-A1. The PX4 is at Cummings Custom Refinshing in TN. Happy Shooting.

I carry a 9mm PX4 Compact Carry 95% of the time. The other 5% is a P365 only due to size:capacity ratio. Struggling to like my new 9mm P229-Legion-RX.

The SIG 9 mm 229, Legion, RX sounds like a great gun. I am curious what is it which you struggle - is it having a mini red dot on a carry gun or just adjusting to a red dot?

The P365 sounds like a great gun considering its size. I would get one as a backup gun but due to tendinitis it is too snappy for me and more prone to stovepipe in because I do not have the physical strength to study the firearm during slide retraction. Periodically I think about the SIG P238 but I would really love the gun if it was double-action/single-action. Nevertheless thanks for the post

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 879 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

The SIG 9 mm 229, Legion, RX sounds like a great gun. I am curious what is it which you struggle - is it having a mini red dot on a carry gun or just adjusting to a red dot?

The P365 sounds like a great gun considering its size. I would get one as a backup gun but due to tendinitis it is too snappy for me and more prone to stovepipe in because I do not have the physical strength to study the firearm during slide retraction. Periodically I think about the SIG P238 but I would really love the gun if it was double-action/single-action. Nevertheless thanks for the post

The only reason I bought the P365 is size:capacity ratio and if not for that, I wouldn't own it. Wish I could find a comparable hammer gun. Not really a striker fan even though I own several.

As to the P229, I just like the Storm better. I prefer the looks of the Storm and like the control placement better. The Storm is more comfortable in my hand and I shoot it better. And, let the flames begin, I just think everything about Beretta seems more refined than the Sig.

I just wish it were easier to mount a RDS on the Storm.

Edit: Almost forgot, IMO all of my Storms have better triggers than the Sigs.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Depami,

Posts: 117 | Registered: August 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Glock 17, 9mm

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A les baer 10mm 1911 ,
it would be very shiny , hard chrome maybe, with off white grip panels.

with this
https://virily.com/wp-content/...d-Logo-Wallpaper.jpg
on one grip ( just the boys ,not the text)

and the words
Wah Wah on the other grip.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2Malamutes
posted Hide Post
While not the logical choice, I'd choose my custom Nighthawk 1911. The reality is I spend as much time enjoying the workmanship of my firearms as I do shooting them, so I would appreciate having the 1911 more than a more "tool-like", and practical, choice like one of my Sigs.

Posts: 183 | Location: SW Lower Michigan | Registered: March 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2Malamutes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
I'm cheating and will go with the G128. Razz

That G128 is certainly a light weight, but looks a little ostentatious for you.

Posts: 183 | Location: SW Lower Michigan | Registered: March 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
Having updated my guns since my last post, an update:

SIG P320 Compact, Manual Safety, 9mm. Lots of magazines.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fiddlers
posted Hide Post
Sig P226 Short & Smart

Posts: 948 | Location: SWFL | Registered: April 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TexasRaider:
Already got it. It's a 1998 Sig P226 in .357 Sig, my issued carry gun for years until we switched to the same gun with rails in DAK. This is the epitome of what I define as a 'Go To War' gun, I'll never get rid of it.

Though I may have to move before I get one a 226 in 357 sig is on the top of my list to acquire. I have 229 in 357 sig with an all steel frame and beaver tail. Is perfect or nearly so. An all steel 226 with beaver tail in 357 sig though that likely would be perfect. Pretty sure won’t find one too easily, alas

Posts: 1258 | Location: Duvall WA, USA | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’d have to go with my gen4 G19. I have so much trust in that gun and I can hit my target with it.

Posts: 506 | Location: Salt Flats | Registered: April 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
If the comet hits the only thing left would be cockroaches and Glock 19s. So G19 it is.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Glock 30S (a 19 on steroids)

Posts: 3537 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
If the comet hits the only thing left would be cockroaches and Glock 19s. So G19 it is.

Pshhhhaw. I believe all that will be left are
AKs
Glock 17s
HK USP .45s
And every Makarov ever produced. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Geez, it's The End of the World As WE Know It. Do you really think you'll be able to go to the corner store and pick up some 9mm whenever you need it. That won't happen. So take all of your bottom feeders and trade them for cases. In particular 38 Special, 357 Magnum, 44 Special, 44 Magnum and 45 Long Colt cases. Because if you are going to reload you need cases to work with and revolvers are fantastic for NOT spewing your cases in all different directions.

But But But, you cant do a Tactical Reload with a Revolver. Son, if you put yourself in a place where you actually need to do a Tactical Reload you deserve to do your bit of improving the gene pool.

So my choice for caliber is the 357 Magnum. It will function perfectly with any ammo ranging from mouse fart shotshell loads up to 357 Magnum Rifle load pushing a 140 grain pill along at 1900 FPS. Yeah, in addition to my 357 Magnum revolvers I also have an 1892 Winchester 92 in 357 Magnum.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5622 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
4" Smith

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Benderx4
posted Hide Post
CZ Shadow 2

Posts: 490 | Location: NE FL, JAX | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Glock19

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
My heart says my 1911, but practicality wins out. I'd take my P320 carry. It's everything a glock is, but better. I have more rounds through that gun than any other that I own, and it has been in all kinds of environments, hot, cold, submerged in mud and water...never a hiccup. It's easy to carry, easy to shoot, and easy to maintain...the only things it gives up to a 1911 are that sweet trigger (although not by much) and sex appeal.

Posts: 8419 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post