SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    If you could only have one handgun, you would select the…?
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you could only have one handgun, you would select the…? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I would have to choose the gun I know best; the one I know would survive dents, scratches, dirt and not a safe-queen; my first handgun that has been used over and over again for many years; the. Colt 45 Series 70!

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of coma
posted Hide Post
Well I have the most rounds through my 229 in .40 so I would have to say that that would be my one and only if it had to be. Right now I am loving the 1911 platform and that could be a game changer in time.

death and taxes....need i say any more.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

SIG Super Target SS .45
Bersa .380 model 83
M686 .357 S&W
P239 9MM
P229 .40S&W
p229 .40 legion
p229 9 legion
1911 9 mm
M400 tread coil 5.56.

Posts: 660 | Location: Barrington, NH, usa | Registered: September 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of geebo
posted Hide Post
For one that does it all I'd have to pick my P225-A1.

Posts: 32 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: March 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
G19

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Sig 226 Legion

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
1990s SIG P229.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Colt Python .357.

Posts: 59 | Registered: January 22, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carried a Glock model 23 in the line of duty and still carry one everyday. Kinetic energy of a 45 with the capacity nearing a 9 mm while still concealable.

Scott Jens
C.H.P.D. (ret.)
Check Six Training LLC
www.chksixtraining.com

Posts: 38 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 07, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Wilson Combat CQB (full size).

Posts: 84 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
My cut down G17, takes G19 mags, or my SW M29MG

I know you said one but I can't decide.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thawed out,
thrown out
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the G19.

Posts: 124 | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
A gen 5 Glock 19

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glock 19 or 34

Posts: 2753 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Surfer
posted Hide Post
G20 Gen 3 SF because I like to hunt with mine and also for CCW.

Posts: 1639 | Location: South East Mo. | Registered: March 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I live in California- EDC is not a real option in most of this place.

IF EDC was an option, I might change my options.

However, I've thought about this a bunch, and have identified 5 options that I'd be ok with for this.

• 1911 in .45acp- with a Nelson .22lr conversion for range fun. Ideally, this would be one with a ramped barrel, so I could also mate the frame up with 9mm or .40S&W top ends. However, a simple .45acp frame would be ok with me. Probably want a CCO size, to allow EDC, but, again, I am in California- so I may as well just go 5"

• Glock G30SF, with 10mm barrel, and .22lr conversion kit. Easier to carry, more rounds, reliable. 'nuff said?

• Browning High Power in .40S&W, with a 9mm conversion barrel, and a .22lr conversion kit [ciener makes some]. Probably my favorite centerfire bottom feeder to shoot.

• Glock G23, with 9mm conversion barrel, .357sig conversion barrel, and .22lr conversion kit. This will do nicely- thank you. Unfortunately, .40 is my least favorite centerfire round.

• Ruger Blackhawk 5.5" .357mag/9mm conversion kit. Yes, SA revolver- yet it gives me .38Special, .357mag and 9mm for cheapest range play.

I would be hard pressed to select a SINGLE one of the above dream setups. But, I can dream, can't I? Big Grin

Sigs and Non-Sigs: I enjoy having options!

Posts: 684 | Location: South San Joaquin Valley, CA | Registered: September 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glock 20 Gen4 sounds like the best option for its mix of power, capacity, and simplicity, but I've never fired one.

Out of what I have shot? Think I'm gonna go with my H&K P2000. Ergonomic, good capacity, about the dimensions of a G19.

Other considerations would be SP2022 and FNX .45

Posts: 2123 | Location: Dallas TX | Registered: December 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P320, compact. Same size as the Glock 19, but a better trigger. I would swap the grip to a size large, sand the grip sides flat, and then stipple.

I trust my Gray Guns worked over P226, with both .357 and 9mm barrels, with my life. However the P320 is so easy to clean that is what I take to the range every time.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
G19 Gen 4

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted Hide Post
Glock 19 gen 4 also.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I have a reasonable pool to choose from, but in terms of capacity, concealability, compact bang for the buck, I keep coming back the the Glock 19, especially since 9mm loadings have matured to the level they’ve reached.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post