SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    If you could only have one handgun, you would select the…?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you could only have one handgun, you would select the…? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
If I could have only one handgun, I'd select a different place to live where I can have more handguns.

Which is precisely what I do now.

Posts: 1611 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
G19 with some 33 rounds magazines Smile

Posts: 774 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
The practical, but boring answer: Glock 19

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 11964 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
Picture of soggy_spinout
posted Hide Post
For me to only have one handgun would mean that I didn't have a chance to get to the safe for any of the others. So I'd have my G23, because that's what I always carry and have at the ready. If I can get to my conversion barrels I guess that I would be okay with leaving everything else.

But I'd give up the traditional handgun in a heartbeat if I could take my AR pistol in its place. Especially if I could get a M203 mounted on it... Wink

Posts: 7893 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
M11-A1

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 6051 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
From what I already own, P228. If I had to start from scratch and could only have 1, probably a G19.

Posts: 2233 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
P320

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 5569 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig P226.

Posts: 675 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of awa762
posted Hide Post
I'll start out with a Glock 31 Gen 4 / .357 sig. Then if I don't get killed off and run out of ammo, I'll commandeer a 9mm glock, because they're everywhere.

Join and Support the NRA

Posts: 145 | Location: Greater New Orleans Area... see us on the news??? | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
It pains me to say this...but it would be my G23.

It would really hurt giving up the rest of them.

Posts: 10936 | Location: MI | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
G17 or G19.

I would also be fine with a 226, M9, or 1911 or 220.

Posts: 889 | Registered: January 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If were stuck in the one pistol scenario for a long period of time with no possibility of getting another pistol, I'd go with either a S&W or Ruger revolver in .357 magnum. I could use plentiful .38 special and the .357 for hunting.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 1943 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
G19 or G17. I don't shoot Glocks well but if we are talking the last and only gun I can get my hands on, I would learn to shoot them well.

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7512 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glock 19.

Posts: 1610 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For me it would be a W/G P226 9x19 with about 4 mags.

Posts: 612 | Location: CA | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
VP9 with Trijicon HD XR sights.

Posts: 130 | Location: boston | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
Picture of elde
posted Hide Post
HK P2000. HD's, LEM, Talons.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: elde,

“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1113 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two years ago I would have said my P229 SCT....Now, 2 years and 20,000 rounds later, it would be a P320

Posts: 2663 | Location: Orlando Area | Registered: February 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My EDC and bedside gun are a P220 Elite 10mm DA/SA Stainless steel beauty, with a couple of reloads.

But fortunately I'm not limited to one gun, and have a number (All SIGs, DA/SA) stashed in places around the abode, all fully loaded with a round in the chamber.

I just haven't become fascinated with the plastic guns.
And thank God we're usually not limited to one!

Cheers, and stay safe,

Pilotka
NRA Lifer

Posts: 49 | Location: Manassas Park, VA | Registered: May 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pilotka:
...a P220 Elite 10mm DA/SA Stainless steel beauty, with a couple of reloads...

Seems like the Zombies wouldn't have much of a chance in your front yard.

Not sure about the aliens however, if they can travel billions of miles, I don't know if I'd trust a 9...

My other Sig is a Steyr...

Posts: 2527 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post