SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    If you could only have one handgun, you would select the…?
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you could only have one handgun, you would select the…? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
4" Smith

Good Choice. Quote from Robert Mitchum, "Friends of Eddie Coyle." ...Give me a 4" Smith, she goes where you point her. IIRC

Great movie, must see.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I would have to go with Glock 17 or 19.

Posts: 13111 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I only saw three posters who favored a revolver for their only handgun.

I've got Glocks, Sigs and Rugers, 380s, 9s and a 45, but of the ones I have, I'd pick my LCR 2" 38. I can hide it almost anywhere, in my pocket , in an IWB holster, just stuck in my waistband, under my cheek in a vehicle, under a small cloth where I'm sitting-almost anywhere.

It works, and will do so, I believe, even if I were to neglect it or abuse it. Don't think it will rust, has a far nicer trigger than any Smith I've had (and I've had a bunch of Js, Ks and Ns-but no Ls or any of those 460-500 monsters.

It's certainly not my first choice for concealed carry today, BUT, if I was limited to only one-that's be it. And my wife has one exactly like it, so we'd be matched.

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CZ 75B...…(I have an SA but for home defense etc. probably prefer the traditional DA/SA). 16 round capacity, very accurate, runs and runs, great ergonomics and fits my hand like a glove.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
SIG P229 9mm made between 1992-2000 or my SIG X Compact 9mm

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3093 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I would likely take my 4" 629. It's not my favorite handgun, it's not the highest capacity, nor the lightest nor most concealable.

But... It's stainless steel, so it's pretty bulletproof, at 4" with a round butt, it's concealable, with mild .44 special rounds, it's fine for 2 legged problems, and with serious .44 magnum, it's fine for stopping charging pick-up trucks, and with a couple of speedloaders, it's reloadable reasonably quickly. All in, it's probably the most versatile gun that I own, while not being the best at any one thing.

If I were to grab an auto instead, it would likely be my SigPro 2022. Good capacity, reliable, reasonably weatherproof, accurate, and easy to shoot. Not my favorite auto by any stretch, but again, very useful.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The very 1st one posted. Sig P226 Mk25 , and yes many mags.

Posts: 368 | Registered: January 07, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
P365XL-MS.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5542 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kind of like choosing between your kids but my P320 Compact in .45 is competing for #1. I've got a soft spot for my GP100 but those 6 rounds go fast.

Check out my blog at ammdog.com

Posts: 8 | Registered: January 18, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
G19 - still the gun I shoot the best...

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
M&P 2.0 Compact in 9mm.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
P320, especially if I can still have the conversion kits to change from full size to compact as I wish.

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I would go with a 9mm for the reason of ammo availability.
Probably my S&W Performance Center 5906; built well, good capacity and very accurate. Plus, I have a lot of mags for it.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16514 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, WaterburyBob, Me too with the 9 for the reasons you say though I would have to decide which one to take along. Lately I really like my GrandPower P11; accurate, easy to clean and take down, feels great in my hand and little felt recoil compared to others. The problem is that it is tough to find interchangeable parts like there are for the Glock. Oh well, the scenario is not likely to happen.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Add me to the P226 SSE group, mine in 357 SIG.

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of warbird1
posted Hide Post
Toss up between my CZ P07 and my HK P30 SK. My two carry guns. Both in 9mm.

If I want it... I need it !

Posts: 44 | Location: Heart of Dixie | Registered: May 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BEAR45
posted Hide Post
Wilson Combat EDC X9. I like my Glock 19 but I shoot this much better

Posts: 359 | Location: Parker,Colorado,USA | Registered: May 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Same old boring G19 answer here.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3533 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another Glock 19 answer.

Posts: 5 | Registered: May 05, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glock 19 w/ light

Posts: 900 | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post