SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    How's your Glock 42
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How's your Glock 42 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Mine went back twice. I enclosed the mags and noticed they swapped them out as well.

Posts: 17235 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Woe is me. The Vickers slide release made things much worse. Lots of premature locking. On top of that, the magazine follower was sometimes failing to engage the tab on the slide release when an empty magazine was inserted into the pistol, resulting in the magazine failing to eject because it's hung up.

So, it's back to the OEM slide release, and I have a spare part inbound which I will modify in the way I was considering for my G43. Come to think of it, I may cut off the lever entirely, leaving it functional but acting as an internal slide lock only, such as on the SIG P230 or Walther PP.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107579 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Just ordered an excessively expensive holster for the G42 I don't even have yet. Will also get some magazines and maybe some of those Mag Guts internals to increase capacity.

I'll pick the gun up next month (holster should be ready by then), I hope, and try to shoot the snot out of it with a number of magazines and see if it's ready for summer carry duty.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
O littlest Glorp, how ya gonna slide lock prematurely now?

It isn't pretty but a Dremel with a cutoff wheel and a few passes with a flat file seems to have put us back in business.
I took my G42 and 4 magazines to the range and fired 50 rounds of Aguila 95 graim fmj, 25 rounds of Hornady 90 grain FTX Critical Defense, and 13 rounds of Speer Gold Dot 90 grain jhp, all with no malfunctions. The slide release is still functional, locking open the slide on an empty magazine. The slingshot method of releasing the slide is required.
I'll glean it up a bit more with a stone, but that can wait. The important thing is that it works as it should.

We have reattained the path to CCW Nirvana...

Posts: 107579 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post