SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SP2022 sight pusher
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SP2022 sight pusher Login/Join 
posted
Got a brand new SP2022 in 9mm this week. Love it, but the front sight is left of center while the rear sight appears centered. The pistol groups a few inches right at ~20 yards so I'm convinced the front sight needs adjusting.

Since I'm loathe to spend ~$200 to move my front sight half-a-millimeter to the right, I'm considering an option such as this:

https://www.ebay.com/i/201815293523?rt=nc

Any opinions? Worth it? Junk? Heck, even if it exploded after I moved my front sight I might consider it a deal vs. spending the coin some of these proprietary SP2022 sight pushers cost. That said, I have learned you get what you pay for...

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
What's wrong with using a hammer and punch? Oil the sight dovetail first and let it seep in.

Or ask here to borrow/rent a SIGPro sight tool.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Description says rear sight. Will it work on the front sight?

Posts: 3510 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
If s standard Sig sight pusher would work i'll send you mine. Just send it back with a couple of bucks to pay for the shipping to you.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dc54:
If s standard Sig sight pusher would work i'll send you mine. Just send it back with a couple of bucks to pay for the shipping to you.
The standard P-series MGW sight pusher will not work on a SP slide, last I checked.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6211 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
https://www.cdnnsports.com/sig...ol.html#.WqMaDVpOmf0

$49.99

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
If you're going to buy a sight pusher, check out the Classified section, I just bought a universal sight pusher from downtownv:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/1760097724/p/1

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Another eBay option. I have this one with different graphics but is still the gen 4. Not a bad price.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Handgun...a:g:vSQAAOSwNSxU5SEu

Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSentry:
Another eBay option. I have this one with different graphics but is still the gen 4. Not a bad price.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Handgun...a:g:vSQAAOSwNSxU5SEu

I just bought that exact model and it just arrived today. I've been under the weather for 4 days & waiting until I feel better to try the pusher. Hopefully it works as good as the reviews say it does.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SigSentry, could you give a little review on how you find this works. Which guns have you been able to use it on? I am looking at it and wonder how it works across different guns. Thanks

Posts: 991 | Location: UP of Michigan | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cworetired:
SigSentry, could you give a little review on how you find this works. Which guns have you been able to use it on? I am looking at it and wonder how it works across different guns. Thanks

I too am curious.

For now I'm going to try to drift the sight using a brass rod after some penetrating oil sits overnight. Maybe leave the slide in the refrigerator to get some thermal help.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
quote:

Granted, I've only used this on my LC9s utilizing old credit cards to protect the slide but I just put my Sigpro front sight in the tool and it does not look like it would be a problem. I usually can't pass up the opportunity to get a tool that I will probably use again Smile. It appears the price is even lower now than when it was on Amazon. I also have the MGW 307 with the removable shim for the p239 but it will not work for the Sigpro.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/4450066424

The instructions state that for 1911s you need to move the lower block to the other set of holes to be clear of the front guide for lug. The empty holes in the picture below.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Granted, I've only used this on my LC9s utilizing old credit cards to protect the slide but I just put my Sigpro front sight in the tool and it does not look like it would be a problem. I usually can't pass up the opportunity to get a tool that I will probably use again Smile. It appears the price is even lower now than when it was on Amazon. I also have the MGW 307 with the removable shim for the p239 but it will not work for the Sigpro.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/4450066424

The instructions state that for 1911s you need to move the lower block to the other set of holes to be clear of the front guide for lug. The empty holes in the picture below.

I recently used one just like this to change the sights on my SP2022 over to Ameriglo suppressor-height sights, it worked fine. Like already suggested, I use sections of old credit cards to protect the sights. I also wrap a few layers of masking tape around the slide to prevent marring from the clamp.

Posts: 312 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dehughes:
quote:

I too am curious.

For now I'm going to try to drift the sight using a brass rod after some penetrating oil sits overnight. Maybe leave the slide in the refrigerator to get some thermal help.

Guys, I know you asked for SigSentry's opinion, but I just used my new sight pusher yesterday. I have never, in 25+ years of shooting, changed a sight until yesterday. My sight pusher was easy to use and I changed sights on a 1991 Sig P220 & and 2017 Sig P320 in about 1 hour. The process was simple; in fact the hardest part was ensuring the slide was protected from all 4 sides when clamping down (I used an old paper towel roll cut into small pieces. ) I don't know about other brands of guns(the sight pusher says universal and has excellent reviews,) but for my 2 Sigs the pusher worked perfectly, and the best part is the pusher was only $65.

I watched a few YouTube videos prior to changing the sights and they were very helpful in giving me the confidence to go ahead with the swap. If you search YouTube for the brand of pusher you'll see people changing different brands of guns.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice. What gun/sights did you work on?

I'm going to head out to the garage w/my slide and brass rod. Here's hoping.

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:

I have the same sight pusher, which I use on all my non-Glock handguns. (I have a MGW that I use for Glocks.) It works well on Sig sights. It works okay on S&W Novak rear sights; since the body of the Novak sight is offset rearward from the dovetail you have to be a bit more careful with your pushing and precise in your positioning.

May I offer a piece of advice:

It was recommended to me NOT to pinch the slide between both the lower retention bolts, as seen in your photo, SigSentry. This will potentially allow the slide to slip or twist in the jig, especially when dealing with sights in tight dovetails that require quite a bit of force to break free.

Instead, the user should put the side of the slide flat against the body of the jig, in the same direction in which the sight is being pushed. Basically, you want to be pushing the slide against the full width of the body of the jig on that side. Then use the retention bolt on the other side to hold it in place.

You may need to use credit card shims, if your slide is not totally flat on one side, to allow for a solid, flat interface with the body of the jig.

And you can still use shims or other padding to prevent cosmetic damage to the slide.

For example, here's a photo from the ebay ad. Notice that the Glock slide is all the way to the right, and when force is applied to the sight towards the right, the slide is pushed against the entire right side of the jig.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
^duly noted. Thanks for the clarification. I was too quick on the shutter to just show that the slide fit and not to actually simulate a sight adjustment. Yes, at no time should the slide be in direct contact with the tool. On the Sigpro you will need to build up side to be even with the flare out at the bottom of the slide (at least on my version). Far from an instructional thread, this is just a brief review of a versatile tool at a reasonable price.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SigSentry,

posted Hide Post
Mission accomplished. Sight drifted. I'll test shoot it in the coming days. I'd prefer a sight pusher but for the cost, a brass rod and some penetrating oil ain't bad.

Thing is a pusher is more precise in terms of adjustments, so I'll probably end up with one anyway. The one in this thread seems to be a good option...