SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    G19 advice
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

G19 advice Login/Join 
posted
I recently chopped my G19.3 grip to 26 dimensions and love it. The only issue is it has an RMR and I'd like to run a flattop sometimes. I dont want to unmount the RMR to do so though. I have a G19.4 I currently run as my backup/EDC and I've been considering chopping it back to a 26 frame as well. I can run full size mags in it so I dont loose that ability but it will have an exposed mag or maybe I can get an extender.

I can buy an aftermarket slide for about $150-225 but I'm not sure about the swenson slides. Glock slides seem impossible to find for anything like a reasonable price, you can almost buy a whole glock. I'm guessing the Poly80 crowd is buying them up.

I can buy a frame but they are a whole FFL transfer and shipping. Also Gen 4 frames are about $200.

I do have a cover plate I can put on the Gen 3 and run it slick topped but then I loose the RMR. Not sure I want to loose it fulltime.

I'm not interested in a 26 as I like retaining the light rail and having the bigger muzzle.

Question:
Should I

Choices:
Chop the G19.4 frame to G26 size
Buy a flat top slide for the G19.3
Take the RMR off my G19.3 and run it on something different.
Buy another Gen 4 frame to chop
Other (please explain below)

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
  • Other (please explain below) - Buy the parts you want to make a complete G19 for a full custom build.

•  
    Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    I voted to buy a flat top slide. The Brownells ones are pretty cheap, but appear to be quality.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Pittwm
    posted Hide Post
    Another vote buying a Brownell slide.

Posts: 5445 | Location: Paducah KY | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    I'd just buy an entire other gun and do with it as you please......

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
    posted Hide Post
    Chop the Gen4 since it sounds like that's the configuration you favor. Aside from the optic the remainder will be roughly the same form factor between the two guns; never a bad thing for backup to an EDC. As you mentioned, mag spacers can get you somewhat back to a compact Glock. Otherwise you always pick up an unmolested frame on GB or even a complete G19 later on if a wave of nostalgia for an uncircumcized G19 hits you down the road.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post