SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P226 MK 25
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 MK 25 Login/Join 
posted
An upcoming local auction has a listing of a Sig P226 MK25 Navy. From what I've read this is a civilian version of the pistol used by Navy SEALs. Currently my only Sig is an M11-A1 which I am extremely pleased to own.

Please tell me about the MK25 as far as desirability, price (assuming very good to excellent with one factory mag)and what it brings to the table that my M11-A1 doesn't. TIA

Posts: 91 | Location: SW VA | Registered: January 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The Mk 25, there are tons and tons of them out there. As far as I'm concerned, it is just another P226 with some internal phosphate components. It may or may not have the chrome lined barrel, depending on when it was assembled. Nothing special about it. Yeah yeah, the SEALs used to field them. Still, it is nothing special.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Uncle Malice
posted Hide Post
I like it specifically because I think the 1913 rail looks better than the traditional Sig rail. You can get that on the MK25 or the Combat version with the FDE anodized frame. The phosphate internals are nice if you're in humid environment. And the chrome lined bore is good. Holster availability can be iffy due to the different rail. Don't expect to buy an off-the-shelf P226 holster and have it fit - depending on how tightly fit it is.

Posts: 532 | Registered: August 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the replies.

Posts: 91 | Location: SW VA | Registered: January 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glock Stock & Barrel
Picture of gtmtnbiker98
posted Hide Post
They are nothing special, but IMO one of SIG's more solid P226 configurations. The true M1913 rail was the reason I bought a pair of them.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4436 | Location: Southcentral Ohio | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
My Mk25 has become my favorite standard production P226. It doesn't make me delude myself into feeling as if I'm channeling the powers of a SEAL but the stock trigger is nice for a non-SRT and the double action is smoother than all my DA/SA SIGs that came previous to my Mk25. And if one MUST have a gear rail then let it be a true M1913 rather than some stylized funky-looking, pseudo proprietary derivative.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks again for the continued replies. As noted in my original post I just have the one Sig and the only railed pistols I have are my G29 and G35 which I do use a weapons light on.

Based on the replies so far I'm inclined to at least attend the auction see how it fares. Another Sig can't be a bad thing, can it?

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Badhammer:
Thanks again for the continued replies. As noted in my original post I just have the one Sig and the only railed pistols I have are my G29 and G35 which I do use a weapons light on.

Based on the replies so far I'm inclined to at least attend the auction see how it fares. Another Sig can't be a bad thing, can it?

It's a P226, so it's a great gun, no doubt about it. But, don't get caught up in auction fever and pay too much. Like I said, there are tons of them Mk25s out there.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So what are we talking, price wise?

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Do a price check on GB for new and used. That will you an idea.

Q

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Do a price check on GB for new and used. That will you an idea.

I did. About a $500 spread between highest new and lowest used.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Abused, well used, fairly used, lightly used, barely used, used but LNIB. There are differences. You can make up your own mind. Wink

Q

3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
I had a M11-A1, and have had a MK25 for 3 or 4 years now. For all practical purposes, the rail would seem to be the major difference. Unless you have a want or need for a rail, I doubt you'd notice significant difference......ymmv

NRA Life

Posts: 1564 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
I have two Sig 226's, a Navy and TacOps. The Nay is pre Mk25, has a the Sig rail, phosphate internals and chrome lined barrel. It is a nice Sig 226.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JenniferG
posted Hide Post
Blackpoint makes an off the shelf holster for the MK 25. They were the maker Sig had contracted to make the ones with the Sig emblem that they were selling on the Sig website. I wrote them and they got back to me in the same day and said they used the MK25 for the kydex mold. They use leather side wings with Kydex. Excellent owb holster. I carry every day with it. It's not stealth but I live in PA and if some sees my pistol, eh, no big deal.

Posts: 104 | Registered: January 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Two years back I bought a standard 226 with the E2? snap in grips and really liked it and it shot like a charm..., last year I bought the dessert tan MK-25 and when I picked it up at my FFL it did not feel right... what I discovered was the standard sig screw on grips are too fat for my hands... I changed them out for some of the thinner G10s and the gun feels a lot better.. I still like the thinner E2s better. MK-25 comes with the night sights and has that weird scan bar on the side and they stamp the anchor on the wrong side it seems to me. I guess the one you are interested in is used because they come new with 3 magazines.
It is my BBQ gun and I do like the look:

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks again to all for your replies. We'll see how the bidding goes.