SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Mag Compatiblity
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mag Compatiblity Login/Join 
posted
Hey folks,

https://www.topgunsupply.com/m...magazine-nickel.html

Is that mag compatible with the old Sig P228 and the current P228? Any P228 it's not compatible with?

Vendor also lists it being compatible with the P229? So does that mean it's compatible with every version of the 9mm P229?

Posts: 507 | Location: San Diego | Registered: January 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Yes fits P228
No it doesn't fit all P229'S.

Posts: 1553 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my 2013 P229, I have had problems with them.
They are narrower than the 229-1 mags.
Some have no issues, some do.

Posts: 181 | Location: NEPA | Registered: March 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What current production P228? The M11-A1 is a P229.

P228s and 9mm P229s had the same size mags. .40/.357 were slightly larger. At some point kinda relatively recently, SIG just made them the same size and called it -1. As they’re slightly bigger, older mags will be a bit loose. Most will work just fine, but stacking tolerances may lead to an issue for some. -1 magazines won’t fit in P228s/earlier 9mm P229s.

The mags you linked should work in any, but be loose in P229-1s. Generally okay for range, maybe not recommended for carry.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
I always ask folks what their current P229 has in it? Tell them to look at their barrel hood and magazine bodies for the 229-1, if there isn't the "-1" then these are good to go. If their gun has the "-1" get those instead.

Posts: 958 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post