SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    *Update 02-15* Question For Recent P238 Nitron Purchasers Re: Checkering
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

*Update 02-15* Question For Recent P238 Nitron Purchasers Re: Checkering Login/Join 
Picture of hjs157
posted
Has anyone recently purchased a P238 Nitron (SKU 238-380-B or 238M-380-BSS)? If so, did your pistol come with wide vertical serrations on the front strap or fine checkering? How about the mainspring housing? The stock photos on the SIG website show a mixture of both styles. The P238 Legion clearly has the checkered front strap/mainspring housing while the Nitron does not. Does anyone know if SIG has switched to checkering across the P238 product line? I'd like to order a new P238 but I'm not a fan of sharp checkering. Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hjs157,

Posts: 3488 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The Nitron comes with vertical serration front strap (not with checkering). That's what I see at my LGS.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
Thanks Q. I ordered a new P238 Nitron from my LGS yesterday. I previously purchased one of these when they were introduced in 2009 but shortly after the safety upgrade a buddy of mine talked me into selling it to him. He's generally not one to keep guns for the long haul either, though that P238 has been his EDC ever since. I recently had an opportunity to examine the pistol and decided I needed a replacement.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hjs157,

Posts: 3488 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
Update 02-15-2020. My new P238 Nitron came in with checkering on the front strap and mainspring housing. Presumably, at some recent point SIG has gone with checkering across the entire P238 model line. Thankfully, the LGS isn't going to require me take the pistol. Of course, like a dummy I failed to make a mental note the date on the box so I'm uncertain how recently the pistol was manufactured. Unless I can find an older P238 with the vertical scallops, it look like I'm SOL.