SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Using M&P full size magazines in a 9C
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Using M&P full size magazines in a 9C Login/Join 
Picture of Ironmike57
posted
I would like to carry some extra ammo with me. I have a full size and a compact in Gen 1.0 has anyone used this product or suggest another product?

Thanks in advance.

http://x-grips.com/sw/mp-940c/

Posts: 1972 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
X-grips are good to go. Used them extensively without issue.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deen
posted Hide Post
I ordered two yesterday for mine.

Have used the X-Grip on my P245's 220 magazines for some time.

And with surety I shall attain victory
- Guru Gobind Singh.

Posts: 1572 | Location: Twin Cities, MN | Registered: November 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I never carried my 9C, but I've certainly used 17rd 9mm mags with the gun at the range, both with and without the X-Grip sleeve. Never encountered a problem with using either config in that gun.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Thanks Gents,
I picked up a few from TGS. They feel great and I look forward to shooting the 9C in steel challenge matches.

Posts: 1972 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I know you've already made the purchase, but the chief reason I dumped the Glock 26 and went to the 9c back in the day was because when I reloaded with a 17 round magazine, the 9c didn't pinch my finger the way that the G26 does with a 17 round magazine. I always cared the 9c with a 17 round as a spare.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
I have also shot the gun with the 17 rounders. It was not very comfortable. I am hoping that the spacers will help me improve my grip on the gun.

quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I know you've already made the purchase, but the chief reason I dumped the Glock 26 and went to the 9c back in the day was because when I reloaded with a 17 round magazine, the 9c didn't pinch my finger the way that the G26 does with a 17 round magazine. I always cared the 9c with a 17 round as a spare.

Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
I prefer my 9c with the 17 rounders.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 702 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The extra grip length from the X-Grip does make it really nice to shoot. I can't have more than 10 rounds in my state, but still like the feel of the x-grip on the full sized M&P 9 magazine.

It was worth it to me- even if there is NO advantage in round count.

Sigs and Non-Sigs: I enjoy having options!

Posts: 683 | Location: South San Joaquin Valley, CA | Registered: September 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I really like how they made the adapters for the 2.0 compacts and even include 2 of them with the pistol.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I don't have an M&P but I use X-Grip adapters for P226 9mm magazines in my P228, and also for P220 magazines in my P245.

They work just fine!

If you're ever up this way to visit your friend in Mount Dora, you're welcome to try mine.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I've used 17 rounders with X-Grips extensively on my M&Pc 1.0. They're great.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Thanks LR,
I will try to make your next hangar function. I also need to find a 200 yard rifle range and your club has one.

How are those P220 magazines working out?

quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I don't have an M&P but I use X-Grip adapters for P226 9mm magazines in my P228, and also for P220 magazines in my P245.

They work just fine!

If you're ever up this way to visit your friend in Mount Dora, you're welcome to try mine.

Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Thanks Rogue,

I picked up 4 of them and they are wonderful. I shot a steels match with the 1.0 and the X-grips this past weekend. Night and day difference. I was going to buy the new 2.0 in the 3.6" length. Nope. I am keeping the 1.0 for my edc. I also put Night Fision sights on it.

quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I've used 17 rounders with X-Grips extensively on my M&Pc 1.0. They're great.

Picture of Wishbone
posted Hide Post
The M&P9C is the perfect pistol imo.

Posts: 946 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone looking for a M&P 9c Gen 1, I've listed one in the classified section.

Posts: 920 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post