SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What Pistol to buy next
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Pistol to buy next Login/Join 
Picture of rimler
posted
I am looking to buy a new pistol. That being said, I am a huge fan of Sig, I own a Sig P226R 9MM, that I have shot the crap out of. I have a P320 Full size 9MM that is almost as good. That being said, I am a fan of 10MM , I currently own Glock 20, Glock 40 MOS, and a Kimber 1911 Custom TLE II 10MM.

Question:
What should my next pistol be

Choices:
P226 Legion 9MM SAO
P226 Legion 9MM DA/SA
Colt 1911 Competition 9MM
Colt 1911 Delta 10MM
P220 Elite 10MM DA/SA

"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum".
("If you wan't peace, prepare for war")
- Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Posts: 217 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
Since I recently picked one up, and I like it I voted for the Colt Competition 1911 in 9mm.

It is my first 9mm 1911 and so far I am really liking it.

Archerman

Posts: 2483 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
I voted for the Colt 9mm. That was difficult, because you noted how much you enjoy your 10mm's so I almost went that way. However, shooting a quality 9mm 1911 makes me feel like I don't suck when I leave the range!

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Rimler,

What would be the primary purpose of this pistol. Carry, Competition (if so, what kind), basic range toy?

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
I voted for the Legion SAO, having just recently picked one up.

At the time, I was considering the 9mm Colt Competition as well as the Colt Combat Unit Rail Gun.

Ended up scratching the 9mm 1911 itch by buying a 9mm Government model off from a forum member last week.

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rimler
posted Hide Post
Range mostly.

Posts: 217 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Are you willing to pay twice as much to 2-4x as much to shoot 10mm over 9mm? Since you already have guns in each caliber, I could see why the answer could very well be yes.

Just randomly, since this is SIGForum, I'd say go with the P220 10mm.

quote:
Originally posted by rimler:
Range mostly.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rimler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Are you willing to pay twice as much to 2-4x as much to shoot 10mm over 9mm? Since you already have guns in each caliber, I could see why the answer could very well be yes.

Just randomly, since this is SIGForum, I'd say go with the P220 10mm.

quote:
Originally posted by rimler:
Range mostly.

Just looking for a preference of the the forum. I am not saying price is not a concern, if it wasn't I'd buy all five, and then be divorced... Just wanting some input from the community.

Picture of rimler
posted Hide Post
Keep the votes coming... Sig P220 10MM DA/SA in the lead.

Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
Considering what you already have, the Colt 1911 9mm would be my choice.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Yeah a 9mm 1911 is the least similar to your other guns. I would go with that.

You have a lot of similar guns, you should branch out IMO to something nothing like the pistols you own. What about a nice rimfire or revolver of some flavor?

Posts: 5130 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rimler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra21:
I voted for the Colt 9mm. That was difficult, because you noted how much you enjoy your 10mm's so I almost went that way. However, shooting a quality 9mm 1911 makes me feel like I don't suck when I leave the range!

I know what you mean. The Kimber 10MM makes me look like a great shooter!

Picture of rimler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:
Yeah a 9mm 1911 is the least similar to your other guns. I would go with that.

You have a lot of similar guns, you should branch out IMO to something nothing like the pistols you own. What about a nice rimfire or revolver of some flavor?

Well I own other firearms, just didn't list them. I have a Model 629 Smith 44 Mag, Model 686 357 Magnum, Halls 22 LR, Golden Boy 22 LR Lever Action, SW Model 10 (2 of them). I am sure there are a few more I am missing...

Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
I voted for the SIG P220 10mm.... as long as you're not looking at the new hunter with the camo cerakote job. (What are they thinking?)

Hopefully SIG will start making the Elite SAO in 10mm again. I'd snap one of those up given the chance.

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rimler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Billy346:
I voted for the SIG P220 10mm.... as long as you're not looking at the new hunter with the camo cerakote job. (What are they thinking?)

Hopefully SIG will start making the Elite SAO in 10mm again. I'd snap one of those up given the chance.

Yeah, the CAMO versions seams to be readily available... what were they thinking.

posted Hide Post
Voted: P220

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P220 10MM SAO

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
Well from one fellow enthusiast of the 10MM Auto cartridge to another, it sounds like the choice for you should be a P220 chambered for the 10MM Auto cartridge. I have had mine for 5 or 6 years now and do enjoy it.

There is another route for you to consider. How about getting into a revolver? Big Grin

Even though they are not currently in the catalog, the Smith and Wesson model 610s are very fine firearms and can be found throughout the marketplace.

The 10MM Auto cartridge really shines in the 6 1/2" barrel version and accuracy is outstanding

If you go the route of the revolver, since autoloading cartridges fired in a revolver headspace on the moon clip instead of the case mouth, you will have the ability to shoot 10MM Auto or 40 S&W out of the same firearm. You can even mix them in the same clip of you want

Plus if you are a hand loader you can have the revolver's chambers lengthened for the 10MM Magnum cartridge. This will give you 200-400 FPS over the 10MM Auto. You will then be able to shoot all three cartridges out of the one firearm.

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rimler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by colt_saa:
Well from one fellow enthusiast of the 10MM Auto cartridge to another, it sounds like the choice for you should be a P220 chambered for the 10MM Auto cartridge. I have had mine for 5 or 6 years now and do enjoy it.

There is another route for you to consider. How about getting into a revolver? Big Grin

Even though they are not currently in the catalog, the Smith and Wesson model 610s are very fine firearms and can be found throughout the marketplace.

The 10MM Auto cartridge really shines in the 6 1/2" barrel version and accuracy is outstanding

If you go the route of the revolver, since autoloading cartridges fired in a revolver headspace on the moon clip instead of the case mouth, you will have the ability to shoot 10MM Auto or 40 S&W out of the same firearm. You can even mix them in the same clip of you want

Plus if you are a hand loader you can have the revolver's chambers lengthened for the 10MM Magnum cartridge. This will give you 200-400 FPS over the 10MM Auto. You will then be able to shoot all three cartridges out of the one firearm.

I am a hand loader. The price on the revolvers are up there right now. But, love the options

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
A seven-shot Arminius .32 S&W Long revolver.

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post