SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    HK mark 23, is it something special?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HK mark 23, is it something special? Login/Join 
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
If I had money to burn, I'd get one just because Benicio Del Toro used one in the final scenes of Sicario.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
Dammit Darth, I love that photo.

I bought my first MK23 for around $2k. the second was a complete impulse buy when I found one on a classifieds site for $1400. They seem to be, at the moment, between batches. so it doesn't surprise me someone's trying to get $2500 for one right now, but some patience and you can definitely have you one for a lot less.

It grows on ya don't it? Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a few of them (when I get something I like and parts seem likely a problem you might as well get plenty of spares). I didn't pay over $2K for any of them. TGS shows it in their catalog for $1900 (of course no stock, but a reference point).
If I wanted one now and its new with all the accessories and case that's not a huge premium given there aren't many around for sale. Of course I don't think I would anticipate it being special enough that its an appreciating item.
In any case did I mention its big...

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In a trade I obtained one, arriving today and I will be reading the manual, and shooting it this weekend. I read a shoulder holster for a Desert Eagle will fit it. Has anyone tried it as opposed to a thigh rig? It is large!

Posts: 2558 | Location: Ark, USA | Registered: January 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use a regular bladetech OWB holster...currently easily acquired from HK Parts...
https://www.hkparts.net/shop/p...ter-Right-p15057.htm
Safariland and probably a zillion others make a fitment. Any DE 6" shoulder should probably work but I think that's pointless for using the gun for anything.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post