SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    BECAUSE I WANT IT!!!!! USP 45 Compact. I could justify further but ......(UPDATED I GOT TO SHOOT IT YAY!)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BECAUSE I WANT IT!!!!! USP 45 Compact. I could justify further but ......(UPDATED I GOT TO SHOOT IT YAY!) Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted
So the first gun I ever really wanted to buy for myself was an HK USP, specifically a .45. I remember seeing them at Sports Authority WAY back in the day.

Well fast forward to today and I have a ton of shooting and platform experience. I have generally come back to DA/SA over the past 8 years or so for REASONS. If you are a striker guy.....rock on with your bad self. You ain’t wrong. I just prefer DA/SA for my world.

At any rate I have sort have positioned myself with HK’s being my go to gun / manual of arms for the last 8 years or so. I have them from HD to carry to backups etc. Again I am not saying HOLY BALLS HK MAKES THE BEST GAT EVA!!! No contrary they have plenty of negatives but for me personally they work extremely well for both my needs and my desires.

So all that said I never scratched that USP itch from back in the mid 90s.......until now. I have an HK USP .45 Compact LE-A5 coming my way. I just spent a ton of words justifying it and I could opine for much longer with any number of justifications why but dammit at the end of the day......

I WANTED IT.

So for all of the rest of you. If you want it and it doesn’t put undue financial burden on your or your family’s life .....by God it doesn’t need a specific tactical reason. Just buy it for what it will likely be used for barring a less then minuscule chance of using it in anger....buy it for FUN!!!

and buy more mags because you are a mag whore ok I am a mag whore.....a dirty mag whore. Frown

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cslinger,

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
Good enough reason for me! Recently did the same with a Kimber.

Son said: Why do you want it?

I said: Cause they have it and I don't.

He says: Yeah, but what do you need it for?

In my best Dad voice: The founding fathers didn't call it the Bill of Needs, Sport. Big Grin

(I love it when my kids walk into my witty and/or sarcastic one-liners on the finer points of gun ownership)

It's purpose? None in particular. To make me happy, to make big holes in targets, to clang steel, to carry, to keep on the nightstand, to shoot bad guys in the face with...it doesn't matter. I want it, I have the means to acquire it, and it lives with me now. End of story.

Enjoy that USPc!

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Desire is what drives all living beings

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
I have the USPc45 and the HK45C. I really like them both. The USPc is my bedside gun with an Insight UTL M2 with the LED upgrade and an Elephant mag in it. The HK45C is my EDC on most days. They both shoot great. I like that they have interchangeable mags.

Posts: 6606 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
You have chosen well, again. Just the same as I could live on pizza and tacos, I could with Sigs and HK!

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MoreCowbell
posted Hide Post
I scratched my usp45 itch a couple of years ago. I always wanted one and a LGS was clearing their safe and were selling a full size for $715 and compact for $730 both nib. I went with the full size I should have bought both.It is one of my favorite pistols to shoot.

Posts: 117 | Registered: January 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Good on ya....I fired the 45 compact a couple years ago, very accurate and relatively soft shooting.

I have wanted a USP compact in 357sig....one of these days

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you like a USP then look at a USP Expert in your caliber. The HK match trigger is better than standard, barrel fitted to slide, target sights. They are really a nice pistol if you like a USP.

Posts: 243 | Location: OH | Registered: January 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I've been casually shopping for a .45 USP Compact with a stainless slide. I've had two in .40 and they just didn't shoot as nicely as my SIGs in .40. But I've been trying to consolidate calibers, getting out of .40 and keeping .45. The best deal I found was a guy in Tucson on Armslist, but he was a real doosh on email, so I didn't pursue it. The next one that was local would just never reply to any emails or voicemails. The right one will come along someday.

Posts: 3492 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
BECAUSE I WANT IT!!!!!

That's why they have Want List and not Need List.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
There is something to be said for the entire USP lineup - I'm partial to the USP45 / USP45Tac - all the examples I have shot have been VERY accurate and easy for me to shoot. I had an order for a USP45Tac which went unfulfilled by the distributor so I have never owned one.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
RTG Parts
posted Hide Post
USP45 is an awesome sidearm. Shoot in good health!

NRA LIFE MEMBER - NSSF MEMBER

www.RobertRTG.com for the best prices on HK, AK, MG42, Uzi parts and more.

Posts: 459 | Location: Sheridan, Wyoming | Registered: March 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice choice. I couldn't believe how little recoil there was after shooting a USP.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You lost me after “want.” No other justification is necessary. Congrats on the new USP!

Posts: 176 | Registered: May 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
My USPc45 has the stainless slide. It was manufactured in 2000 and was purchased by me new in late 2000. Many years later I tried to find a full size stainless and the only one I saw locally was way overpriced so I passed on it. I don't remember if/when they stopped making them but I haven't seen a new one in a long while.

Posts: 6606 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's also very low in sugar, low in fat and gluten-free!

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
So the first gun I ever really wanted to buy for myself was an HK USP, specifically a .45. I remember seeing them at Sports Authority WAY back in the day.

Well fast forward to today and I have a ton of shooting and platform experience. I have generally come back to DA/SA over the past 8 years or so for REASONS. If you are a striker guy.....rock on with your bad self. You ain’t wrong. I just prefer DA/SA for my world.

At any rate I have sort have positioned myself with HK’s being my go to gun / manual of arms for the last 8 years or so. I have them from HD to carry to backups etc. Again I am not saying HOLY BALLS HK MAKES THE BEST GAT EVA!!! No contrary they have plenty of negatives but for me personally they work extremely well for both my needs and my desires.

So all that said I never scratched that USP itch from back in the mid 90s.......until now. I have an HK USP .45 Compact LE-A5 coming my way. I just spent a ton of words justifying it and I could opine for much longer with any number of justifications why but dammit at the end of the day......

I WANTED IT.

So for all of the rest of you. If you want it and it doesn’t put undue financial burden on your or your family’s life .....by God it doesn’t need a specific tactical reason. Just buy it for what it will likely be used for barring a less then minuscule chance of using it in anger....buy it for FUN!!!

and buy more mags because you are a mag whore ok I am a mag whore.....a dirty mag whore. Frown

Well that was just hilarious because I could have written every word of that myself (just change the subject item)!

I don't currently own a .45ACP but I have owned a few in the past. They are just fun - plink or compete. Big smoke (sort of), big noise, big hole..

Have fun.

Posts: 24 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Because I've wanted one for 20 years is why just today I acquired a MK23.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is a standard reason for every gun purchase I make.... after the first couple for specific reasons is there REALLY a reason to continue buying them besides I just want them?

Posts: 1298 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
I had one, really liked it, jonesing for another one. Had the 45c, didn't like it as much.
USP45 with a surefire is my home defense weapon.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post