SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My new M&P 2.0 9mm compact....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My new M&P 2.0 9mm compact.... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Have been shooting M&P 9mm 4.25" M2.0 in IDPA. Lots of rounds. Here, it was recommended by Randy(?) from Apex to replace the sear with their two-dot-sear. Reduced the required trigger force down to a much more usable level.

I keep waiting for Apex to sell a competition package for the M2.0. Put their M1.0 competition kit into M&P 9L 5" CORE Pro and the result is great. While I wait, the two-dot-sear is a big help inside of M2.0.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Finally fondled one in the LGS. Felt like it had been in a sand box, hands down worst trigger I have ever felt. I damn near bought one for the $450 deal, but glad I didn't, I kept hearing about some being ok and some gritty so I decided to wait and feel one. LGS guy it would smooth out after a hundred rounds or so, but no thanks.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The triggers on the two M&P 2.0 compacts that I own were pretty decent right out of the box. When I buy a pistol at a gunshop or gunshow I try to handle several of them, to find the one with the best trigger, as with about all brands, the triggers can and often do vary a little from gun to gun. Also, I would say just about all triggers get better with a little use, some quicker than others and some more than others.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Biggy,

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P6shooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Finally fondled one in the LGS. Felt like it had been in a sand box, hands down worst trigger I have ever felt. I damn near bought one for the $450 deal, but glad I didn't, I kept hearing about some being ok and some gritty so I decided to wait and feel one. LGS guy it would smooth out after a hundred rounds or so, but no thanks.

That's just damn silly. A clean and lube will make the trigger much better..You are doing yourself a great disservice by having such a closed mind..

Posts: 820 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: May 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P6shooter:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

That's just damn silly. A clean and lube will make the trigger much better..You are doing yourself a great disservice by having such a closed mind..

No, I'm doing my wallet a great service. Not a single pistol I own, and I own many, has ever felt so shitty. I'm not taking a $450 gamble that a quick clean and lube will fix the problem. I am very willing to admit maybe I handled a lemon, but nonetheless it was a shitty ass trigger. My friend had a 1.0 that was awful as well, so this isn't the first experience with an M&P I've had .

If yours is wonderful, than congratulations and I hope it's everything you want it to be. But this one was shit, so I'll pass.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Lord Vaalic,

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here are two pretty informative vids about the M&P 2.0 pistols. I wrote them off after the issues I had with the first 1.0 gen version and swore I was done with S&W pistols. Well, I tried one of the 2.0 compacts and I will just say I am impressed. Mine has been reliable and very accurate through around 900 rds of various types and weights of ammo.The trigger on mine is decent and I have had absolutely no issues at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhPk1kjKLPM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvtWF_D0ZM8

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I installed the Apec Tactical Duty/Carry trigger enhancement kit in my M&P 2.0 compact a couple of days ago. The factory trigger is not bad, especially once you get some rounds through it. With the Apex kit installed, it now pretty much equals my CZ P-10c's trigger that has around 1400 rds on it. The trigger reset is just a *little* less audible than the P-10c's trigger, but still has a plenty tactile feel and is audible enough for anyone. The shape and the width of the Apex trigger shoe *for me* is much better than the factory hinged version. The Apex kit not only shortened the take up, but now it is completely and absolutely smooth. The triggers wall and break point have also been moved forward some, I am guessing around 1/16" of an inch or so. M&P triggers usually break farther back than most striker pistols in my experience. I am glad now that I did not wait and get the forward setting sear kit coming out soon, as the duty/carry kit is perfect in everyway, *for me*. *My* 2.0 compact not only has been perfect in the reliability department through 800 rds, but it has very good accuracy, equaling my CZ P-10c and the VP9 I used to own. I out shoot my Gen 5 G19 with my 2.0 compact and P-10C by around 1.500" inches at 25 yds. It also has no BTF which my Gen 5 G19 still occasionally does. *IF* my 2.0 compact pistol continues to perform as it has, which is perfect, in 6 months or so, I will most likely be thinning the herd out some. Other than adding some new sights of my preference, I like everything about it. I have never been able to say that about a pistol before, and I have owned a bunch of them through the years. So right now *for me*, it is the best 9mm pistol I have ever owned, bar none.
I wish I had a trigger pull weight gauge to see what the trigger breaks at, but it is absolutely perfect for me. Not to heavy and not to light. Just a bit heavier than my P-10c, probably right at 4.5 lbs and no creep. Also using the medium large grip insert, this pistol fits my hand just right and makes the trigger reach just right for me. I have also gotten used to the grip texture and do not plan on toning it down at all, as I carry OWB. IMHO, it has better grip texture than my P-10c and is way better than my Gen 5 G19. Vid reviews ,links below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NffoYs7PBMc&t=683s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EPec5j2d7w

Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biggy:
I installed the Apec Tactical Duty/Carry trigger enhancement kit in my M&P 2.0 compact a couple of days ago. The factory trigger is not bad, especially once you get some rounds through it. With the Apex kit installed, it now pretty much equals my CZ P-10c's trigger that has around 1400 rds on it. The trigger reset is just a *little* less audible than the P-10c's trigger, but still has a plenty tactile feel and is audible enough for anyone. The shape and the width of the Apex trigger shoe *for me* is much better than the factory hinged version. The Apex kit not only shortened the take up, but now it is completely and absolutely smooth. The triggers wall and break point have also been moved forward some, I am guessing around 1/16" of an inch or so. M&P triggers usually break farther back than most striker pistols in my experience. I am glad now that I did not wait and get the forward setting sear kit coming out soon, as the duty/carry kit is perfect in everyway, *for me*. *My* 2.0 compact not only has been perfect in the reliability department through 800 rds, but it has very good accuracy, equaling my CZ P-10c and the VP9 I used to own. I out shoot my Gen 5 G19 with my 2.0 compact and P-10C by around 1.500" inches at 25 yds. It also has no BTF which my Gen 5 G19 still occasionally does. *IF* my 2.0 compact pistol continues to perform as it has, which is perfect, in 6 months or so, I will most likely be thinning the herd out some. Other than adding some new sights of my preference, I like everything about it. I have never been able to say that about a pistol before, and I have owned a bunch of them through the years. So right now *for me*, it is the best 9mm pistol I have ever owned, bar none.
I wish I had a trigger pull weight gauge to see what the trigger breaks at, but it is absolutely perfect for me. Not to heavy and not to light. Just a bit heavier than my P-10c, probably right at 5 lbs and no creep. Also using the medium large grip insert, this pistol fits my hand just right and makes the trigger reach just right for me. I have also gotten used to the grip texture and do not plan on toning it down at all, as I carry OWB. IMHO, it has better grip texture than my P-10c and is way better than my Gen 5 G19. Vid reviews ,links below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NffoYs7PBMc&t=683s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EPec5j2d7w

Good info. Just curious. You seem to really like the CZ as well so what is it about the M&P that makes it the best over the CZ? Thanks.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kind of slitting hairs here, but the 2.0 compact is a little shorter in the grip, the grip texture is a little better, the grip fits me a little better where my upper thumb knuckle rides against the frame, the Apex trigger is more comfortable on my trigger finger, it currently has more aftermarket sight choices, its a more mature platform (less chance of having little bugs or quirks with the pistol), almost imposible to auto forward the slide with a hard mag insertion, which I like, probably easier factory parts support if needed, easier to press check for me by going over the top of the slide because of the slide profile, manual safety option for those that want it,balances a little better, made in the USA. IMHO, it is a big improvment over the gen 1 M&P 9mm pistols.

Picture of Gary1911A1
posted Hide Post
Biggy, good review. You are making me want to buy one myself. Rural King had a good price on them about a month ago, but I let it pass and now Compact 2.0 is about $50 more. If they have another sale I'm going to have to get one based on your review and the others you provided.

Posts: 527 | Location: Southern Ohio for now. | Registered: December 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biggy:
Kind of slitting hairs here, but the 2.0 compact is a little shorter in the grip, the grip texture is a little better, the grip fits me a little better where my upper thumb knuckle rides against the frame, the Apex trigger is more comfortable on my trigger finger, it currently has more aftermarket sight choices, its a more mature platform (less chance of having little bugs or quirks with the pistol), almost imposible to auto forward the slide with a hard mag insertion, which I like, probably easier factory parts support if needed, easier to press check for me by going over the top of the slide because of the slide profile, manual safety option for those that want it,balances a little better, made in the USA. IMHO, it is a big improvment over the gen 1 M&P 9mm pistols.

Thanks!

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 2.0 compact balances just a *little* more towards the front than my Gen 5 G19. The M&P has a stainless steel guide rod and a full length steel frme insert for rigidity.