SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My new M&P 2.0 9mm compact....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My new M&P 2.0 9mm compact.... Login/Join 
Picture of gunguru123
posted
...picked up today. Going to the range later, along with my new Gen 5 G19, shoot side by side.

The M&P is typical M&P build, seems solid, quality is good and the stock sights are way better than the stock Glock sights. The one part that bothers me is the trigger. I know the 2.0 has an improved trigger over earlier models, I used to carry the old M&P 9mm in Afghanistan, thus qual on it and it had an awful, awful trigger. I also had a few older M&P's in the past, all had APEX trigger upgrades. Now this 2.0 trigger has a good, crisp, audible break and short reset but the take-up is long and very gritty. Like sandpaper is in there; hopefully it will smooth out with some range time. Still the take up is more that I like but can be fixed with an APEX I suppose. Time will tell if I keep it, just depends on how I like shooting it.

Next to my new Gen 5 G19; I like that it is very much G19 size, slightly heavier but very close.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
Man, I carried a G19 for years. Nothing, nothing could ever take its place..........

Until the 2.0 Compact came out, I'm so impressed and excited about it. Looks like my G19 will be lonely in the safe for a long time.

Curious to what conclusion you'll come to?

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NoQuota
posted Hide Post
Can you take a picture of the striker block?

Does it still have a 90' edge? Or is it rounded like the apex part?

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Posts: 594 | Location: St Augustine, FL | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
I’m really like that 2.0!

Posts: 5070 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NoQuota:
Can you take a picture of the striker block?

Does it still have a 90' edge? Or is it rounded like the apex part?

Striker block is the same part as the old M&P.

The trigger bar no longer has a candy cane loop.

Check this out so you can see what I'm talking about.

2.0 frame disassembly

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NoQuota
posted Hide Post
Thanks piedrarc.

The trigger bar is definitely an improvement, I could never figure out why they used that loop, or candy cane design.

But the biggest improvement comes from the apex striker block, that and polishing the contact point on the trigger bar.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Posts: 594 | Location: St Augustine, FL | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piedrarc:
Man, I carried a G19 for years. Nothing, nothing could ever take its place..........

Until the 2.0 Compact came out, I'm so impressed and excited about it. Looks like my G19 will be lonely in the safe for a long time.

Curious to what conclusion you'll come to?

If they both shoot well, I will keep both...the sights on my Gen 5 Glock came out of the box really messed up. An easy fix but you start to think, what else did they miss?

The one thing I don't like about the 2.0 compact is the gritty take-up. I was dry firing a standard size 2.0 today as well, no gritty take up, though it was just as long. Still has a nice, clean break and short reset but I am liking the Gen 5 G19 a bit more, at least in dry fire.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Does the M&P (2.0 or otherwise) have an equivalent to the Glock .25 trigger job?

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Does the M&P (2.0 or otherwise) have an equivalent to the Glock .25 trigger job?

Good question. I will say the break is pretty light on the 2.0, short reset. I would just like a shorter take-up, less grit. The gritty feeling is going away the more I dry fire it...at least it seems that way.

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
That's funny about the rear sight on the Gen5. Mine came shooting right out of the box. I never looked at the sights. My rear sight was fubar as well. Ha!

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Generally like the new compact; excellent aggressive texture just like other recent M&Ps, just right on the size. Modeling after the compact Glock was the smart move, IMHO. Good tactile FB with the 2.0C's reset, less impressed by the grit in the takeup. All four (three 9s, one 40) that we got in are more or less the same in this regard. It really is kind of a repeat of the factory Pro triggers from the 1.0 generation, only with a far more talkative reset. I had seriously considered picking up the full-size when the next batch comes in from S&W, but this new compact size hits more of the hot buttons for me. Recalibrating my brain...

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Glock must have been rushing to get the first batch of Gen 5s out because when I went to my Blue Label dealer to pick up my G19 the first on the brought out had the rear sight all the way to one side. I asked them to bring out a second one and the sights were perfectly aligned so obviously picked that one to bring home, but I also noticed it had a significantly different serial number prefix than the first. Yours is quite funny though.

I am really enjoying my Gen 5 G19 both the trigger and the accuracy! I still like my M2.0 4.25" but I'm liking the trigger on the G19 better so far. The M2.0 compact is an attractive offering, but it's odd that a lot of people are commenting that the triggers on the compacts are feeling somewhat different and grittier than the larger model. I guess no more odd than the Glock rear sights being prone to coming all out of whack though. lol

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
FYI - my 2.0 Compact has zero grit on the slack take up.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Bang, bang, Click

Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piedrarc:
FYI - my 2.0 Compact has zero grit on the slack take up.

Same with some of the other full sized 2.0's I've tried. I was surprised to feel mine after having handled others. Now I have a second 2.0 Compact arriving on Tuesday, so I am curious as to how they will compare.

posted Hide Post
I rounded my FP Block in my shield and it really cleaned up the feel of the break/wall. I'd say try to pop that out and if you have a rotary tool put it in there and round it on some sandpaper. I want to say that's part of the Burwell trigger job.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
How's the accuracy?

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
How's the accuracy?

I think the accuracy is excellent, far better than I could ever do. It is really a pleasant gun to shoot. I know the trigger has a long, gritty take up but the break and reset help in accuracy.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gunguru123:
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
How's the accuracy?

I think the accuracy is excellent, far better than I could ever do. It is really a pleasant gun to shoot. I know the trigger has a long, gritty take up but the break and reset help in accuracy.

It absolutely does not *need* it, but we only go around once, so when they become available, which shouldn't be to long, I going to order the Apex Tactical forward set trigger and their gunsmith fit barrel for mine. I just can't help myself.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Biggy,

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
I really like my apex trigger on my pro 40. It makes a real gun out of a pretty good gun already.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13939 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Does the S&W have the LCI "fin" behind the ejection port like on the 5' model?

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post