SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    First time ever shooting a pistol (X5 Open) with RDS (Red Dot Sight) /// ** Update shoot with the X6 Skeleton ** (p.2)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First time ever shooting a pistol (X5 Open) with RDS (Red Dot Sight) /// ** Update shoot with the X6 Skeleton ** (p.2) Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
Q That pistol needs to be in a movie Smile
<snip>

For the movies you’d want the Xmount and Aimpoint Micro still on. Smile

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
What an amazing looking handgun.

Nice shooting!!!!!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Am I the only one that can't believe with his collection of toys he's never tried a RDS? I don't own one but I've shot one anytime one of my buddies brings one out. Try one on a rifle, it feels a little like cheating on a pistol, it really feels like cheating with a rifle.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^
An RDS is of greatest benefit for a pistol. It provides, in effect, a nearly infinite sight radius, no matter how short the barrel/slide. The smaller the dot, the longer the effective sight radius. There are other issues to consider when selecting dot size of course.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
four seconds? 14 seconds? 4 minutes , how long did that damage take , per target?

I don't actually time my shooting, but I can tell you for sure it wasn't rapid fire. Wink

quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Am I the only one that can't believe with his collection of toys he's never tried a RDS? I don't own one but I've shot one anytime one of my buddies brings one out. Try one on a rifle, it feels a little like cheating on a pistol, it really feels like cheating with a rifle.

Have RDS on my ARs, but never on a pistol.

Q

Posts: 26346 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Well, after shooting the X5 Open with the RDS, I am totally spoiled, now. Today, I took the X6 Skeleton with plain iron sights out for a spin for the first time, and, I got to say, I was struggling a bit. Shot 250 rds at 25 yds mostly, and I had a tough time getting tight groups. Finally, got one decent 5-shot group that was best for the day. Trigger is superb just like the Open. Recoil is still nothing, but noticeably a little more than the Open.

Q

Posts: 26346 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Wow, fancy range with a real gun rug.

Posts: 2299 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
You seem to be flush with mags already, but I just saw that MecGar is offering X5 series magazines that are not branded Sig (though they are of course one of their OEs).

I imagine you might have already seen that, but just in case you hadn't:

http://gregcotellc.com/cart/si...x5919afc-p-2019.html

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post