SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Custom Works FCU - Anyone have one? Whatchya gonna do with yours? - Pic Added
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Custom Works FCU - Anyone have one? Whatchya gonna do with yours? - Pic Added Login/Join 
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted
Got a surprise call a couple of days ago from a local store (Sig Elite Dealer) told me they received a shipment of the Custom Works FCU and they reached my name on the wait list. It’s only been about a six week wait, was expecting it to be 3-4 months.

Stopped on my way home from work to pick it up and was happy to find that the transfer on these in WA state is done as a “frame” instead of “pistol” so they are cash and carry after the NICS check instead of having the wait period we now suffer in this state, even if you have a CPL.

Anyway, I have a X-Compact grip and a 3.9” .357 slide assembly that I am planning on putting the FCU in to start. Option “B” is swapping the FCU from my X-Carry to the X-Compact frame for the .357 and drop the CW FCU into the Wilson Compact grip module I have for the X-Carry.

Might take advantage of the 10% discount on parts when registering the FCU with Sig to grab the aluminum grip module the have come out with.

Anyone else picked up the CW FCU yet? What have or are you going to do with it?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 911Boss,

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10928 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I got one from Top Gun Supply and have had it for about a month.

I use it to configure “Compact” and “Carry” models with 357 SIG and 40 S&W barrels and slides. I originally purchased an XCompact and was using its FCU for the purpose by switching that among three grip modules and two slides. Had I known I would be able to find the parts for the Compact and Carry assemblies as I did, I might not have gotten the 9mm XCompact, but with its even shorter barrel it might be of use at some point.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
I picked one up for my Danish clone, however, that may change when I go to use the 10% discount...might be tempted to pick up the AXG frame although I already have the Scorpion.

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
I decided to put it into my WC grip module along with my X-Carry upper.

Still unsure about getting the AXG module, even with the 10% off it is $400 after tax/shipping.

Put my X-Carry FCU into the X-Compact grip and ordered a RXP X-Compact upper for $600 from Small Gun Parts. I’ve been looking for the RXP for a while but they sell out within minutes of getting a stock alert. Already had the grip, and with FCU from my X-Carry, problem solved.

Brings me to five complete P320’s, three in 9mm and two in .45. Also have a .357 upper and a gutted FCU. Might have to pick up a parts kit to restore it to full function.

Posts: 10928 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Had the camera out and grabbed a proper photo.

posted Hide Post
Hello:
I have been trying to buy a FCU and I cannot find one any where. Do you have any sources that have them?
Thanks
kenner

Posts: 460 | Location: iron mountain, mi. | Registered: December 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kenner:
Hello:
I have been trying to buy a FCU and I cannot find one any where. Do you have any sources that have them?
Thanks
kenner

We have a Sig “Elite” dealer nearby. I called them mid-Nov and got put on the wait list. They got a shipment 1st week of Jan and my number came up.