SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New from Wilson Combat
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New from Wilson Combat Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Looks pretty sweet. But I have a tough time wrapping my head around a $3k EDC weapon. My blood's simply not rich enough, I guess.

Just buy it to fondle, and don't EDC it. Problem solved. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joatmonv:
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
The grip profile on this pistol is extremely nice. Wish I could hold one. Anyone think the grip safety is pinned or welded to deactivate? It doesnt look functional.

Good question. I ran the video again and paused it to look at the grip. I don't know.
Larry did say this was a T&E pistol.
I agree that I wish I could hold one. Perhaps Top Gun Supply will get one in and I can go hold it.

The grip safety looks similar to Bruce Gray's hard tail conversion.

Posts: 4075 | Location: NC | Registered: December 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Looks pretty sweet. But I have a tough time wrapping my head around a $3k EDC weapon. My blood's simply not rich enough, I guess.

That's what I would do probably. Never had a pistol over $1400.
Range use only. Maybe.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrandPotter
posted Hide Post
Sorry guys, I am sticking with my 1911's which I absolutely love.

ALL women should Conceal Carry.

Posts: 4599 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: January 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I got to shoot the prototype. I didn't want to like it. I'm now saving up for one. It's that good. G19 size. Crazy accurate and very reliable.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
I owned an X-Tac for awhile. I did not like the feel of the X -Tac tread pattern on the front and back grip. I love their guns but not that one design.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
I got to shoot the prototype. I didn't want to like it. I'm now saving up for one. It's that good. G19 size. Crazy accurate and very reliable.

LALALALALA, I'm not listening or reading that.
Dammit, you could have said it sucked. Hahahaha

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbcummings:
For $1K less you could go with the STI Guardian.

Something is wrong when you are listing a STI as a low cost alternative for a gun....

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
This will not do a helluva lot that a Glock 19 will not do.

It is a very cool 1911 though, 7075 means they care.

Posts: 5098 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

I kinda think Bill Wilson might not be happy with such a fate for his uber carry creation, after expressly giving it that name and such moniker stuff. I mean, going to all that trouble in bringing Larry Vickers in and all... Wink

Ever Wilson 1911 I've had the chance to handle--about 6 or 7 to date--has been impressive to me, more so than the Ed Browns and Les Baers that have come through the shop. Haven't a clue as to how they shoot or how reliable they may be but the fit and finish alone is way up the food chain. So yeah, given that I haven't scored with Powerball or Mega Millions I do believe that fondling would be all I'd be willing to do with such a spendy creation should I ever lose all common sense, threaten the continued existence of my marital bliss and buy one of these charming little critters.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
A very pretty gun. But I just noticed something. No grip safety. I don't know how I feel about that.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Perpetual Student
Picture of Dan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
A very pretty gun. But I just noticed something. No grip safety. I don't know how I feel about that.

I feel pretty positive about it personally. I'm not sure why the 1911 type is felt to require it when so many other SAO pistols do not. It's like some kind of vestigial thinking.

Posts: 2459 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: May 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
Nice looking piece. It seems to me that it would appeal to the type of person where a Timex would get the job done, but only a Rolex will do.

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
As long as the gun is drop safe without it (with the manual safety off), I'd be fine without it.

quote:
Originally posted by Dan:
quote:

I feel pretty positive about it personally. I'm not sure why the 1911 type is felt to require it when so many other SAO pistols do not. It's like some kind of vestigial thinking.

I agree with the Timex/Rolex comparison. I'd like the "Seiko" option. It would be nice if a company like SIG or S&W would make a similar size double stack 1911, at or around $1,000, without all the hand fitting.

quote:
Originally posted by Billy346:
Nice looking piece. It seems to me that it would appeal to the type of person where a Timex would get the job done, but only a Rolex will do.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Looks like a lovely pistol.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by jbcummings:
For $1K less you could go with the STI Guardian.

Something is wrong when you are listing a STI as a low cost alternative for a gun....

STI has a DVC carry coming out too. I'd probably rather the Wilson at the price, but the ability to use the more common STI pattern mags is appealing.

https://stiguns.com/guns/dvc-carry/

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
Before yesterday, these were unknown models to me... But I do have one of my wide body 5" 40's off being fit with with a 4.25" 9mm top end. It should be back in a couple of weeks. Hope it turns out as nice as these two offerings.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dan:
quote:

IIRC, John Browning left off the grip safety when he designed the Browning Hi-Power. Apparently, didn't consider it necessary. Also, IIRC, the U.S. government specs required a grip safety as part of the bid/development process prior to selecting the 1911.

The grip safety is simply redundant and unnecessary on modern 1911 designs. However, some feel that disabling it on a SD 1911 could result in legal problems if used in a shooting. It's fine if the manufacturer chooses not to incorporate it. No potential legal issue regarding the user "disabling a safety device on a deadly weapon".

Somewhat related. Many 1911's need some tuning of the grip safety nose (internal). On some guns and with some shooters, the safety will not fully disengage with a slightly imperfect grip. Especially with the thumb riding high on an extended thumb safety when doing fast draw/fire drills from the holster. I tune mine to disengage in about the first 20% of the grip safety travel. No potential legal issues. I've seen several shooters return their guns to the factory to remedy this. Even with one high end semi-custom pistol.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
The price is ridiculous. i would rather have an emp 4" and some leftover cash.

I wonder if Springfield would do a double stack emp. That would work.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
The pistol looks simply outstanding, and I'm sure if Wilson is producing it the quality fit and accuracy will be exemplary.

I'm not seeing a functing grip safety either, kind of reminds me of Wayne Novak's "Next" pistol design with the beavertail as an integral slip in piece without the grip safety.

ETA:... And I was going to say I wouldn't want a rail on it, but just went onto the website and they offer a non-railed version!

Posts: 3536 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post