SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New from Wilson Combat
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New from Wilson Combat Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I won't say i would not spend the money on this wilson. I just spent a pretty penny on a custom Hi-Power. Then again, it is a CUSTOM Hi-Power. There would have to be some exigent circumstances. I am thinking, 38 super/9mm combo gun.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Looks pretty sweet. But I have a tough time wrapping my head around a $3k EDC weapon. My blood's simply not rich enough, I guess.

Just buy it to fondle, and don't EDC it. Problem solved. Big Grin

The "Fondle-Factor" is one of the major reasons to own a pistol like this. And there is nothing wrong with that! I have several pistols I bought because they were just beautiful and perfect. It makes me happy to admire them and shoot them. I'll still carry my Glock 20 in bear country of course.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Balaam's Ass
Picture of Vero8
posted Hide Post
Move me over to the group that does not get it. I guess it's the, 'EDC', factor. I nick the finish on a $500.00 Px4 sitting on a metal patio chair and I'm pissed for a week. Same thing happens to my $2900.00 pistol and I'm ready to jump off a bridge.

God bless America...and no one else

Posts: 4396 | Location: Georgia | Registered: August 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vero8:
Move me over to the group that does not get it. I guess it's the, 'EDC', factor. I nick the finish on a $500.00 Px4 sitting on a metal patio chair and I'm pissed for a week. Same thing happens to my $2900.00 pistol and I'm ready to jump off a bridge.

I feel the same about my Ed Brown Custom. I love shooting and fondling it. But I will not carry it.

I have other pistols for EDC.

But I imagine this Wilson would make for an amazing EDC!

Really, it gets back to the "Fondle-Factor" (thanks 12131 for that idea)

It's why we all love quality guns here. Pure and simple. Some are for work and some remain in the safe.

Think about it. We could all get by with Glocks, right? But would that satisfy the "fun-factor" ? Smile

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Viking:
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
Well, that's why they make different guns. If someone tried to give me a Sig 320 I wouldn't even accept it.

Just out of curiosity, why is that?

I'm not a sig fan at all anymore. Imo they started producing cheap guns and kept charging premium prices for them a while ago. Cheap mags, cheap guide rods, fat frames on 9mm to save money ....cheap, cheap, cheap. I have guns that are superior to a 320 in every way in my opinion.

I resent Sig for, imo, destroying their great guns. I've moved on and found other brands, but this forum is by far my favorite.

As for scratching a gun like this, meh. It happens. If it's a carry gun, it's a carry gun. Call it character and move on. I carry a gun more expensive than this everyday (Kobra Carry). It shows the wear, but while some think it's crazy to carry an expensive gun, I think it's crazy to spend that much on something and then never use it. I have guns more than the Kobra Carry too, I never hesitate to carry and shoot them.

I didnt always think that way, but I just kinda changed over time. I get a great deal of enjoyment out of using and abusing my expensive stuff. Frankly, that's when quality goods truly shine over average goods.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bry@n
posted Hide Post
I'm waiting on a friend to get his in to try before I order one.

You get what you pay for in life. A gun is. I different from a tool. I don't cheap out on those, why cheap out on a gun.

Posts: 1541 | Location: PA | Registered: February 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Scratches? Who cares. I would throw my most expensive gun in a gravel pit to add scratches. Adds character.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bry@n:
I'm waiting on a friend to get his in to try before I order one.

You get what you pay for in life. A gun is. I different from a tool. I don't cheap out on those, why cheap out on a gun.

I would love to hear some feedback on this gun if anyone gets a chance to fire one in the next few months.

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bry@n
posted Hide Post
Absolutely.

Posts: 1541 | Location: PA | Registered: February 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Does this use the same mags the spec ops did? Or is it a new mag?

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I personally love the look of a well worn patina on the finish of a fine 1911, it looks classy imo.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

New and specific to the X9.
It is said to be "based on" the PPQ magazine. I figure the tube is the same but with different catch notch and floorplate.

This is why you are not going to see an EDC X45 any time soon. The mag well is tailored for 9mm and it would take a new frame for a larger caliber.

Posts: 3287 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
I personally love the look of a well worn patina on the finish of a fine 1911, it looks classy imo.

Absolutely. Have seen a few pictures of vintage WW2 1911's and they are stunning.
If you have the coin for one, buy it. Don't want to carry it, don't.
Personally, I'd like to own a high end pistol in my life sometime. P210, custom 1911 or the like.
If you're a collector, fine. If you're a shooter, that's fine too. Pretty simple to me.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Watson:
quote:

It is said to be "based on" the PPQ magazine. I figure the tube is the same but with different catch notch and floorplate.

This is why you are not going to see an EDC X45 any time soon. The mag well is tailored for 9mm and it would take a new frame for a larger caliber.

dang, this is worrisome. I hate investing heavily in something and then feeling like i need to buy a bazillion mags just in case they become unicorns some day.

I wish Springfield would make a double stack EMP 4.

Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Watson:
quote:

dang, this is worrisome. I hate investing heavily in something and then feeling like i need to buy a bazillion mags just in case they become unicorns some day.

I wish Springfield would make a double stack EMP 4.

Wilson loves making proprietary mags, but to the best of my knowledge you can still order kz45 mags direct from Wilson. They seem to be committed to servicing the guns with their name on it.

But yes, it would make a lot more sense for them to use a mag pattern that is readily available like the STI/SVI pattern.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Watching sootch00's video review on YT...that IS one sexy handgun. Still too rich for me to use as an EDC, but I definitely wouldn't mind owning one.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
Couldn't resist any longer. I have my order in with a local gun dealer here. I can expect to have it in hand late summer I am told. Something to look forward to all summer.

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I'm going to call George at Gunslinger's tomorrow to order mine.

He said it would likely be 7 months based on what he has been told. It's longer than I want it to be, but I'm sure it will be worth the wait!

Mine will be my primary carry gun, I'm pumped!

Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm going to call George at Gunslinger's tomorrow to order mine.

He said it would likely be 7 months based on what he has been told. It's longer than I want it to be, but I'm sure it will be worth the wait!

Mine will be my primary carry gun, I'm pumped!

That is who I ordered mine from. He said he had 35 on order for people who have contacted him and he had one unspoken for. He gave me the specs on it. I had him change one thing since it has not been built yet. This will be my new EDC as well.

I bought my last Wilson from him. Great guy!

The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Congrats man! Nice to get in on one already ordered.

From everything I see on various forums, it looks like this has been a big hit for Wilson.