SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    IWI Jericho 941 Experience?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

IWI Jericho 941 Experience? Login/Join 
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted
The Jericho 941 has been on my list to take a look at. I have been interested in the 2 steel models, the 941F and 941FS. I think the FS would be my match. I finally held one this weekend at a show, it was the 941 F. I liked it, I think it moved to my "would like to acquire" list. I think I would prefer the kit version that comes with the Meprolight/Truglo sights installed. The gun I handled had the slide tied so I was not able to look inside. I've seen them mentioned a few times here but search does not turn up much. I have a Tavor X95 and I love it (not more than my wife). I also ran across a GAR11639 too, that thang was nice! How do you Jericho owners like yours? For the price, they look like damn nice weapons!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
My experience was with the compact polymer framed variant. Very similar in regards to Cz designs.Superb accuracy and quite reliable. I just would prefer a decocker in lieu of a slide mounted safety.

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had one several years ago. It was the "baby eagle" at that time imported by Magunum Research if I remember correctly. It was the older frame mounted safety version and I am sorry I got rid of it. Its all steel and solid with little recoil. It was 100 percent reliable and I could use many CZ, TZ, Witness mags in it with no issues. I still have a drilled out "41AE" mag in the stash that I picked up somewhere. Interesting stories behind those.

Purchase price was circa 300 bucks around the time i bought it. Twenty years or so ago.

Lots of good reading on the 941 pattern guns out there and their various configurations.

Forgot to add that the grip ergos were excellent for me.

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
A Jericho is high on my want list. I had one years ago, and I got offered a crazy high price for it, and I sold it. I have a couple of similar all steel guns, but they just aren't the same.

Posts: 214 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Thanks! Looks all positive!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought one last year, maybe late 2015. I have 4 or 5k through it. I love the thing. I dumped the grips for a set of houge wood grips.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
About 15 yrs ago, I had the compact version of the Baby Eagle with CZ75 cocked and locked controls. IIRC, it had polygonal rifling. That pistol was built like a tank and extremely reliable. I'm not sure how many versions are offered now but am certain they have a slide mounted hammer drop safety setup. Like many other guns, I kinda wish I had kept it. You won't be disappointed by the quality and reliability.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 941 FS steel-framed compact in 9mm. It is heavy as hell, remarkably accurate, reliable, and has the best trigger I've ever experienced on a CZ75 derivative. Like all Israeli weapons, what it lacks in elegance, it makes up for in efficiency. It would be my first choice if I was going in harms way.

Posts: 278 | Location: Utah | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This thread needs a photo....

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Thanks all, I have a FS under the IWI military program on the way!

Beth Greene

posted Hide Post
To keep this thread going. We need to pool our collective knowledge.

I have yet to find a good holster maker that makes a holster for this frame mounted safety gun. I am using an old p226 sao holster.

Second, i would like to find soneone who has done a few action jons on these Jericho 941f and fs models.

Finally, confirmation cz 75 b mags are a direct fit for this gun.

Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I saw some LE trade ins on GB, anyone know of any other sources of trade ins?

Beth Greene

Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I had forgotten how much I like the Jerico. Time to rearrange priorities on my must have list.

Posts: 6009 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post

Mine came in today, I am totally impressed with this gun! I got the Mil discount of 499. At that price, it probably is by far, one of the most bang for the buck gun deals I ever came across. It just feels great in my hand and the recoil seems perfect when shooting. The only thing holding me back from carrying it right now is the sights. I already have a set of night sights and a holster on the way! This is the FS model which is midsize. It is very similar in size to my P229. I even liked the new box smell, smelled like military equipment!

Oh, and I like those wooden grips you got there DSgrouse!

Beth Greene

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:

Mine came in today, I am totally impressed with this gun! I got the Mil discount of 499. At that price, it probably is by far, one of the most bang for the buck gun deals I ever came across. It just feels great in my hand and the recoil seems perfect when shooting. The only thing holding me back from carrying it right now is the sights. I already have a set of night sights and a holster on the way! This is the FS model which is midsize. It is very similar in size to my P229. I even liked the new box smell, smelled like military equipment!

Oh, and I like those wooden grips you got there DSgrouse!

Houge

Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I had it at the range for the second time today! I like this gun so much, I might add a second one for my left hand!

Beth Greene

posted Hide Post
How did you manage to get the MIL discount?

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Most places that offer leo/mil discount need to see your ID card. Where I bought mine, Qauntico Tactical, they have IWI affidavit that you have to fill out and submit. Some places like Primary Arms, you can scan your ID and submit it or if you have a military email adress, that will do.

Beth Greene