SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    LGS becoming a Sig-free ghost town
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LGS becoming a Sig-free ghost town Login/Join 
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted
The "Sig case" was mostly filled with other stuff. One p229, a Mosquito, and a few other sigs, but other brands have largely taken it over. Salesman said they aren't ordering or acquiring sigs much any more because people want Glocks and cheap stuff. This is at the good end of town....

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Well, that’s not cool...

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1680 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Unless you are a gun geek then it’s hard to justify much more then $550 or so. I mean if you want a defensive weapon no more no less there is a sea of high quality decent firearms from $300ish to $550ish. Smith, Glock, Walther, Ruger, hell you can get a Beretta 92 these days cheapish.

Hard to sell higher priced offerings with that market, I imagine.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Mark up plays a direct affect on what gets pushed in a gun shop and what doesn’t.

Taurus is probably the #1 seller in most shops. It’s no indictment to the worth or quality or popularity of anything else.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The successful gun shops across the US are filled with Sigs. These are the business owners that understand the value of "margin and ebit" over units and volume.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
My LGS moves a lot of Taurus. G2C is a huge seller. M856 six round revolvers move pretty quickly too..

Posts: 13807 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
They are in the business of staying in business.

Depending on business model, location, SIGs many not be their best bet.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Same here. My FFL/LGS used to have at least one glass case of SIGs. Now, it's filled with other other brands.

Q

Posts: 26354 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, no one is buying the P320 or P365. Roll Eyes

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
The successful gun shops across the US are filled with Sigs. These are the business owners that understand the value of "margin and ebit" over units and volume.

Well, you need both margin and volume to generate an adequate return.

Posts: 481 | Registered: June 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I was in my LGS a few weeks ago after range visit. They had probably 75 new SIGs in the display case including both P210A models. I guess it just depends on the gun store. I found it interesting the a lot of the Springfield Armory pistols had tags on them showing "below dealer cost".

Posts: 9744 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Most small gun shops survive on used guns, unless they get enough traffic that the margin on any new gun brand can make some money, by volume.

That your local isn't going to stock new sigs, just tells you something about the local market and nothing more.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
My LGS is infested with all these high end Gucci Glocks now. When the new GlockStore opens in a few months in Nashville I wonder if it will bite into that.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
My LGS is infested with all these high end Gucci Glocks now. When the new GlockStore opens in a few months in Nashville I wonder if it will bite into that.

Perhaps we should institute a group field trip once they open.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
Count me in. One of my contractors is doing the mechanical on that building. Just down the road from his office as well. Told him he should expect a lot of sales calls from me soon.

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

Pure speculation on my part, but, these guys who spent tons of money on these Gucci Glocks are the same ones who complain that SIGs are expensive. Razz

Q

Posts: 26354 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
margin and ebit

?

Posts: 27930 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
There’s a lot of stores here that have reduced their inventory to just five or six examples of each manufacturer.

I get it, it’s slow right now but I don’t order anything I can’t handle first.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Markup is the same percentage based on wholesale cost.

Posts: 17140 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
margin and ebit

?

Earnings before interest and taxes?

Posts: 12918 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post