SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Used pistols you don't see up for sale very often
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Used pistols you don't see up for sale very often Login/Join 
Picture of Beanhead
posted
I am curious because I pretty much buy my pistols on the used market. It saves me $ so that I can buy a few more than paying full retail. However, it is weird that certain pistols never come up for sale used. I am not talking about the uber rare stuff but stuff that you should see more often. For example, S&W Shield, S&W 442, and Sig P365 have record sales over the year(s)...but you don't see them come up used very often. Then you also don't see Steyr M9, Walther Q5s, or others up either.

What pistols do you look for that don't come up for sale very often?

Posts: 1343 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pre lock 10 shot 617's.

Walther p5

Smith and wesson 610

Hk usp 9's

Hk 4's

Beretta 81's

Jericho 941's in 9mm

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
S&W Models 581 / 681. And when I do run across one, it never fails that I am too broke to jump!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
S&W Model 13 w/3" barrel in good shape.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Glock 29s don't present themselves often.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Some pistols never sell well and others prove so popular with their owners that they never come up for resale. Unfortunately, I've never been able to predict which way a particular model would go.

Models I would love to see available used more often? Ruger ("old style") Vaqueros, tip-up barrel Berettas in .380 ACP, S&W .45 ACP and DA/SA .45 Colt revolvers made in the last few decades, as well as their larger 10mm pistols, and of course Sig P220s chambered for cartridges other than the .45. I'd like to see another tranche of P7s brought in, but I'm not holding my breath.

BTW, if you're up for a Steyr M9A1 rather than an M9, Dunn's Sporting Goods apparently has some NIB pistols available for what looks to me to be a pretty good price.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
9mm 1911's. Decent amount of new ones being made and sold. You hardly ever see a used one for sale.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
9mm S&W revolvers.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
S&W Model 41

Posts: 243 | Location: OH | Registered: January 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
S&W Models 581 / 681. And when I do run across one, it never fails that I am too broke to jump!

I saw both of these on the same table this past weekend at a Gun Show. I was very surprised.

I sure don't see hardly any Smith & Wesson TSW guns.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
S&W Model 41

There's about a hundred up right now on Gunbroker. Being in production for such an extended period a lot make it to the used sales areas.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of larry starling
posted Hide Post
Walther P88 never seem to see them used and when I do there uber expensive!

P-220R, SP2340
P-225 , SP2022
P-226 , P-239 X2
P-228 , GSR
P-229R, p-228R
p-220 carry
P-6,P-228R

Posts: 138 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: July 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Steyr GB pistol

Posts: 3239 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ And magazines, dammit, and magazines!!

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by James in Denver:
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
Walther p5

Correction... Walther P5C (compact)

James

Yeah, the P5 is available everyday.
Even the much rarer P5C comes up quite often.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig X5 Tactical

Posts: 3239 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
Now I wished I never sold that Walther P5C, the H&K USP9, the S&W 41, and the H&K 4.

At least I kept the Sig X5 Tactical!

Posts: 1343 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Kimball

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Around here:

P250 9mm
Walther P99AS
P228
Pre-lock S&W
USP Compact 9mm

I’m currently not in the market, but the above were gold hens teeth in recent years.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sigman940
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarmsp226:
Sig X5 Tactical

I sold mine a couple of years back. Wish I still had it today. ;-{

~ ante omnia armari

Posts: 691 | Registered: January 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post