SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Used pistols you don't see up for sale very often
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Used pistols you don't see up for sale very often Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGWolf:
I had a conversation with the owner of my local FFL about this the other day.

I see very very few used pistols up for sale anymore. Not much used anything except hunting rifles and shot guns.

It used to be there were all kinds of goodies that would come up at the gun store, often very surprising in this little town in VT.

Not anymore. He really didn't have a reason. They just don't come into the store much anymore.

The 2 main reasons people get rid of guns are: They're trading to buy something else. I think people are either just acquiring guns now without trading, or just keeping what they have because they bought what they wanted already. Or, a lot of buyers over the past 5 years have been first time buyers which are both buying used guns (and new) and have nothing to trade in.

The other reason is if they're hard up for cash and need money, they sell them. Well, the economy is doing amazing, gas is cheap, and not too many people are hard up for cash right now.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CZ RAMI BD.

they don't make a huge ton of them every year and you NEVER see them for sale used.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do see S&W Shields for sale in consignment cases on a regular basis- but all in .40S&W.

You said -no uber rare stuff. that lets out a bunch that I look for.

Of those that I am interested in, I don't see very many used Sig P226 or P229 in 9mm for sale [in good shape] near me. In .40, I do see them occassionally- but not in 9mm.

I am in California, so much of what the free country can see new, we never see until we go visit and drool on counters.

I never see S&W M&P Model 2.0 for sale- as it can't be imported to this state for sale unless to an LEO: new or used. This is just an example.

I also rarely see Ruger Security-Six revolvers, or Speed-Six [any of the 70s .357 -six series].

Don't see enough used S&W .22lr revolvers: 617 or K22, or 17.

Sigs and Non-Sigs: I enjoy having options!

Posts: 683 | Location: South San Joaquin Valley, CA | Registered: September 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by domino:
S&W Model 41

I have three 41s. One each from late 1950s, 1960s, 1970s.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6295 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I rarely see Ruger P90 .45s, and they were common in the early 90s. A GB search will yield only around 10 or so. I've never seen one in the gunshop. The P90 was a soft shooter. Very accurate and reliable.

Same with the S&W 4506 .45. Most of the ones I see online are LAPD commemoratives that are entirely too expensive. Plain jane used ones aren't common in my area at all.

Posts: 1087 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Colt King Cobra 4" or 6"

Ruger Security six. There were many 20 years ago.

(ok, I know the thread says "pistols" and not "revolvers")

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bripro
posted Hide Post
Smith and Wesson 29-2. When I was looking for one I asked the owners of a few local shops when the last time they remember having one on the shelf and they all said they have names on file to call for when one comes in.

DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

Posts: 155 | Location: United States | Registered: May 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bczrx:
I do see S&W Shields for sale in consignment cases on a regular basis- but all in .40S&W.

You said -no uber rare stuff. that lets out a bunch that I look for.

Of those that I am interested in, I don't see very many used Sig P226 or P229 in 9mm for sale [in good shape] near me. In .40, I do see them occassionally- but not in 9mm.

I am in California, so much of what the free country can see new, we never see until we go visit and drool on counters.

I never see S&W M&P Model 2.0 for sale- as it can't be imported to this state for sale unless to an LEO: new or used. This is just an example.

I also rarely see Ruger Security-Six revolvers, or Speed-Six [any of the 70s .357 -six series].

Don't see enough used S&W .22lr revolvers: 617 or K22, or 17.

Just picked up a used P229 in 9mm at local shop. Made in US, would have preferred in Germany but I've been searching for 3 years so F it. ($450)

Love my Sigs but carry my Glocks

Posts: 373 | Registered: February 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t see many Ruger Security/Speed Sixes.

Posts: 636 | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:

I friend's shop here has a few that has had zero interest in. Now he won't even take them in trade unless the price is very reasonable to them.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll tell you what you do see a lot of in used cases. There are usually at least 2 used Beretta PX4 pistols in any gun store. I don't think I've ever seen a new one.

Posts: 278 | Location: Utah | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

A P250sc in either 9mm or 380acp

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
229sl, the old 229 sport stock.

Posts: 2207 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Author,
cowboy,
friend to all
posted Hide Post
My favorite S&W is the 952, my most accurate 9mm and very rare. Along with the mod 41 they are S&W's best in my opinion.

Posts: 2400 | Location: Riverton Wyoming | Registered: June 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I'm a regular at a couple of local stores and hit them up 2-3 times a week. I've rarely seen used HK USPs or CZ-75s up for sale in any caliber. A used Mk23 is even more rare but there were a lot fewer made.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've never seen a used Hi-Point for sale. I figure they're worth so little it isn't selling or trading.

Posts: 248 | Location: SE Pennsylvania | Registered: August 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
getting hard to find 3" S&W m657 (41 mag) lately

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
S&W 41-1 factory 22 short. Passed one up for 3200.00. I like them but not that much.

Posts: 5298 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
5906 IDPA....3.5" S&W 27s....S&W 3" 13.....

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Mauser M2 .45ACP

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post