SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Browning Hi Power Thread and Pic Request
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Browning Hi Power Thread and Pic Request Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I've a T-series that dates to '68, and a FEG clone. Not sure I ever took any pics of the FEG, and what few pics I have of the T-series are from a few years ago and now archived on a portable hard drive stashed away in one of our safes. Might be easier to dig out the HiPo and take new photos...maybe.

-MG

Posts: 1931 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I only have two, a 1992 Portugal model that is a great shooter I have done a little work on. And a unfired mint condition 1967 T-series. Just a beautiful piece of gun making I wish I could take better pics.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

One day, I'd love to send it to Jodi Gritus. She's done some beautiful work with Hi Powers.

My 2nd one is with them now. They were recommended to me by Ted Yost.

Posts: 378 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nighthawk and Winkler

Posts: 1651 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
This is turning into quite a nice thread of pics, I'm really getting the itch for one now..........

Posts: 794 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
I have owned several but down to this one FN T series. German manual, box, and mags still wrapped in plastic.

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2745 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by got2hav1:
I have owned several but down to this one FN T series. German manual, box, and mags still wrapped in plastic.

Nice! everyone should own a BHP.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I had always wanted a Hi-Power and finally bought a new Mk III around 2011 or so. One of the best pistols I shoot, so much so that I got an R.Grizzle IWB and carried it for a long time. When the flood of pistols from Israel showed up I bough an FN Mk III to use as a sort of ‘project’ gun. It was in pretty decent shape, had been refinished. I disassembled it, replaced all of the springs, removed the magazine safety, added a C&S “no bite” hammer, EGW hard sear, and a Browning factory ambi-safety. Also added a set of Navidrex wood grips. Someday I’ll send it out for a set of sights and maybe a nice re-blue; kind of like the park right now.

Everyone needs a Hi-Power Smile

Before

During

After

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a pair, both stocked with Hogue grips. The (two-tone) "Practical" is a 9mm and will give me 2.5 to 3" groups at 25 yds with most any quality ammunition, but has definite predilection for American Eagle 124 gr FMJ's. Hand loads do as well, even some cast SWC's.

The 2nd is a .40 S&W "Standard" with adj. sights and that marvelous bluing. It too is accurate, preferring my own reloads with 155-165 gr Montana Gold HP's or Missouri Bullet company 155 gr LSWC's. This is one of the most accurate .40's I've ever shot. Best regards, Rod.....BTW, Stephen Camp's forum on the 9mm is a font of good information on the venerable Hi Power... a must read if you're interested. The 2nd last pic is my OWB method of carry...home made...The last is the Practical in Bianchi Avenger, which rides a bit higher on the belt for CC use.

5th Spl Forces, Air Force Bird Dog FAC, lll Corps RVN 69-70.... We enjoy the Bill of Rights by the sacrifices of our veterans;
Politicians, Preachers, Educators, Journalists and Community Organizers are beneficiaries, not defenders of our freedoms.

Posts: 725 | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Unless you're going to do some custom work, I would lean toward a MKIII too. Better factory sights and thumb safeties, firing pin safety, uber reliable, etc. I've owned my share of Hi Powers since the '60s, but only have three now. The MKIII is probably the last I'd want to part with...
Beautiful Hi Powers there MCS.

NRA Life

Posts: 1561 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I carried this as a duty weapon while a LEO for about ten years (1978-80), until my PD disallowed SAOs as an option. It's been upgraded in recent years with a set of Novak sights, but "back in the day" it was equipped with a standard adjustable rear made by FN.

A .40 S&W P35 I picked up about two years ago. The most accurate pistol in that caliber that I own. I don't know the name of the gunsmith (local) that did the work, but he did a great job.

I'll probably keep this vintage ring-hammer as a safe queen, but I just couldn't resist buying it after leaving the "People's Republic of Californistan" for the freedom of Arizona!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Got some nice BHPs with some nice grips in this thread.

posted Hide Post
My first was a Belgian FN P35 that I recovered from a NVA officer in Vietnam, registered as a war trophy and brought home with me. It was stolen from my home about 1980 and has never been recovered.

Next one was a T-series Browning Hi Power purchased slightly used for $170. I carried it for several years while working in plain clothes assignments and while off-duty. Shows the effects of daily handling and holster wear, but still as solid and reliable as ever.

About 1995 I picked up a Mark III in used condition with 4 factory magazines for $225. I much prefer the high profile sights of the Mark III compared to the tiny little sights of the earlier pistols. The Mark III is very accurate and has a good trigger pull, even though the mag safety remains intact. Feeds any ammo I have ever tried, including handloads with .357" SWC. The applied black finish took some getting used to, but it has proven to be very durable in use.

In my military collection I have a Canadian Inglis of WW2 vintage, purchased in the early 1990's for about $200 when a bunch came on the US market. Solid and reliable, but ugly as a mud fence.

Had the opportunity to handle and shoot an Israeli Kareen about 20 years ago. Another "cosmetically challenged" pistol, but very reliable and accurate. No magazine safety feature on that one. I wouldn't mind owning one.

Took a FEG clone on a trade deal about 20 years ago. Pretty good fit and finish work, appeared to be an accurate copy of the P35. Never fired it, so no opinions as to reliability or accuracy. That one was traded onward for something I wanted.

All good pistols! The Hi Power is one of my "must have" handguns.

Retired holster maker.
Retired police chief.
Formerly Sergeant, US Army Airborne Infantry, Pathfinders

Posts: 1091 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone remember the name of IIRC, the Turkish company making a decent HP for a decent price?

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of submoa
posted Hide Post
NOT in any way an endorsement, but TİSAŞ Regent BR9 is the name UR looking for...

Posts: 1273 | Location: South Florida, A Third World Country with Modern Conveniences | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gents,

For more Hi-Power pics and info look up Steven Camp's old web site "Hi-Powers and Handguns". Everything you wanted to know about Hi-Powers.

Wes

Posts: 2412 | Location: Salem, OR | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Weshowe:
Gents,

For more Hi-Power pics and info look up Steven Camp's old web site "Hi-Powers and Handguns". Everything you wanted to know about Hi-Powers.

Wes

Indeed, it is a fantastic resource. I highly encourage anyone interested in the Hi Power to buy his book: The Shooter's Guide to the Browning Hi Power - REVISED EDITION
It's only $30 and since he passed away, further purchases can help his family.

Posts: 794 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TexasRaider:
quote:
Gents,

Wes

Indeed, it is a fantastic resource. I highly encourage anyone interested in the Hi Power to buy his book:
The Shooter's Guide to the Browning Hi Power - REVISED EDITION

Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Gents,

Wes

Indeed, it is a fantastic resource. I highly encourage anyone interested in the Hi Power to buy his book:

Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gents,

Wes