SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Browning Hi Power Thread and Pic Request
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Browning Hi Power Thread and Pic Request Login/Join 
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TexasRaider:
quote:
Originally posted by Weshowe:
Gents,

For more Hi-Power pics and info look up Steven Camp's old web site "Hi-Powers and Handguns". Everything you wanted to know about Hi-Powers.

Wes

Indeed, it is a fantastic resource. I highly encourage anyone interested in the Hi Power to buy his book:
The Shooter's Guide to the Browning Hi Power - REVISED EDITION

It's only $30 and since he passed away in 2011, the more folks that buy it the more it can continue to help his family.

Posts: 794 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Weshowe:
Gents,
For more Hi-Power pics and info look up Steven Camp's old web site "Hi-Powers and Handguns". Everything you wanted to know about Hi-Powers.
Wes

Indeed, it is a fantastic resource. Additionally, I highly encourage anyone who is truly interested in the Hi Power to buy his book:
The Shooter's Guide to the Browning Hi Power - REVISED EDITION

It's only $30 and since he passed away in 2011, the more folks that buy it the more it can continue to help his family.

Posts: 794 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys for the great pics and the memories of Steven's site. He was a great resource and just such a cool guy. Brightened my day to be reminded of him.

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcs1564:
My first, a .40 that went straight to Don Williams for conversion to 9mm:

No. 2, a 9mm to .30 Luger conversion (Another worked on by Don):

Just beautiful. What grips are those?

Posts: 154 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: December 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lenny:
Just beautiful. What grips are those?

Thanks. They're Herrett's and both are Cocobolo.

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Deleted, double post.

5th Spl Forces, Air Force Bird Dog FAC, lll Corps RVN 69-70.... We enjoy the Bill of Rights by the sacrifices of our veterans;
Politicians, Preachers, Educators, Journalists and Community Organizers are beneficiaries, not defenders of our freedoms.

Posts: 725 | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Meant to post this earlier, here is my ugly MKII?

It's been worked by Don at Action Works and is a great carry pistol and more accurate than you would think with the factory barrel. Trigger is a Garthwaite and helps with the trigger pull perception of lightness, it probably is a bit more than 5lb and pretty crisp for a BHP.

I did change the front sight to a FO w/tritium.

Keep thinking about sending it to Ford's to be blued but I kinda like the ugly and if it was pretty I might not carry it as much.

In a King Tuk IWB holster it damn near disappears, normally carry it with a couple SA (or Korean...can't remember) 17rnd magazines...which have been 100% over the years.

Wish I could find a 20 (21?) rounder but they are all sold out and have been...probably not even made anymore.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:
Keep thinking about sending it to Ford's to be blued but I kinda like the ugly.....

I really like the 'it's lived a real life' patina, it gives off vibes of history. Personally, I'd leave it as is. If one wanted a show piece or BBQ pistol, you could always get another Ho Power and make it such, but I'd leave this one as is. Like the Silk Road, the USS Lexington or even Lambeau Field, it's got ghosts, man....