SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P220’s where are you!!????
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P220’s where are you!!???? Login/Join 
posted
In this pistol world of polymer madness the P series held on for a long time. But it seems like the P220 series has been getting fewer and fewer models every year and now you never hear about the P220 much anymore. Is there any 220 -45acp love out there??! Does anyone carry a P220/45acp still?

Posts: 3483 | Location: Illinois | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve in PA
posted Hide Post
I have two P220's; two-tone (1996) and blued (2003). I carry the blued on duty and the two-tone is my range, practice, training gun.

I shoot 100+ rounds every weekend with the two-tone. I love the 220's. I want to pick up a newer 220 with a light rail, but Sig's are so darn expensive.

For the cost of a Sig, I can get two Glocks.

Steve
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Posts: 3437 | Location: Northeast PA | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I still have my KF P220/45 - it sees the range once or twice a year with some of the other 45 safe dwellers.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve in PA:
For the cost of a Sig, I can get two Glocks.

And no doubt shoot them both at the same time with equal accuracy. Wink

I actually find it interesting to ponder the status of the 45 ACP cartridge these days. I’m guessing that if large numbers of people have to justify to themselves and others why they can’t handle the ferocious recoil of the 40 S&W, the 45 slipped out of favor so precipitously that its passing wasn’t even noticed, or at least was not worth remarking. My crystal ball reveals that the round will become a symbol of manly manliness at some point again in the future, however, but whether the P220 will survive until then is uncertain at best.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47399 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The local Deputies here were just switched from Glock 21's to Glock 17's, and boy are they pissed!

They had gone from Glock 22's to the Glock 21's a year or so ago.

Posts: 1335 | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
I still shoot my P220ST and it is not going anywhere anytime soon.

P220ST2right1k by GaryBF, on Flickr

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My current favorite and EDC is a P220 Elite 10 mm,and it's also HD at my bedside.
I really like the 10 mm round. I still have a P227 in 45 ACP but kinda think of it as a bit of a has-been. Even though it shoots very accurately and very nicely, the 10 mm has it banished to the safe.

Pilotka NRA lifer

Posts: 69 | Location: Manassas Park, VA | Registered: May 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, 220s seem far and few in between. Same sob story for two years now, my then grandfathered 220 was taken off my approved list on 30 Sep 16, after 20+ years of EDC! Then my son got me the 220 Carry SAS and just opted to EDC off duty until I retire. Of course, right when I get fully vested into the 220 Carry SAS, Sig decides to discontinue! Milt Sparks Nexus is awesome. Since the opening isn't reinforced, I went with the shark patch. Great combo for EDC. And I've got it on as I post this...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: madmatt,

Semper Fi
Madmatt

SIGs, BHPs, CZ PCRs, HKs, 1911s, S&W 625-3 45 ACP, HK/Benelli M1S90, Colts 6721/LE6920, Steyr SBSs, Emerson and ZT Knives, Rubicons, Harleys & APBTs

Posts: 416 | Location: USA | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GaryBF:
I still shoot my P220ST and it is not going anywhere anytime soon.

P220ST2right1k by GaryBF, on Flickr

I too have a 220ST and an west German Alloy frame, they get out about as often as the others sigs 229s and 226s. I shoot the 220s better than the others. The ST needs a new set of Sig day night sights and is due for a main spring change based on round count. Love the ST what with its funky internal extractor and all.

Posts: 1258 | Location: Duvall WA, USA | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been eyeing them up for a while and just picked up my first one this week (from the SIGforum classifieds, one of the LE trade-ins).

I just finished giving it a good cleaning and am very much looking forward to shooting it!

Posts: 3475 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
P220’s where are you!!????

Here are a couple of them, courtesy of member hjs157. Smile

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I still have my pair of P220ST pistols, and a standard nitron P220R. I fairly recently added a P220 in 10mm.

Posts: 6301 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
Wish I had the one I was issued years ago, back when I worked for the Dept. of Energy at a nuclear weapons storage plant. I was on SRT and we were issued the P220 with the old 'sharp' hammer, but American release.

They phased them out years ago in favor of black plastic Tupperware, but I have no idea where they shipped them off to.

I'd love to have my irradiated P220 back...

Posts: 801 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an older W. German overstamp model that's a favorite of mine.
I haven't shot it in a while but will soon. It goes in the Winter carry rotation with the 229.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just broke the trigger return spring in my 20+ year old 220. Bummer. So its off to Sig for rehab and night sights. I have no plans to ever get rid of it.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
My 220 in't going anywhere either. After I sent it in for the AEP, SSP, SRT, and barrel re-crown, it has probably THE best trigger, in both DA and SA, of any of my guns, Sigs or otherwise. It's crazy accurate, and the reset is now 1911-like. I also have a 220 Compact SAS I think it's the 1st generation, as it has the DAK system. It's very nice as well. Long live the P220!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1680 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I still have my Sig P220ST Stainless .45acp
and my Sig P220 Combat .45acp with suppressor nightsights. I still enjoy occassionally shooting
My P220 Combat at the range, when I'm not shooting
One of my Berettas or S&W's.

Posts: 1306 | Location: Nor-cal | Registered: May 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Mine have been relegated to “bedside gun” duty Frown
But they’re still my favorites to shoot at the range.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also have a full custom LTT 220ST and an 220ST Ernest Langdon. The LTT is one of my favorite range guns, especially when running against all the Glocks and 1911s.
Sorry, still don't do pics, someday...

Semper Fi
Madmatt

SIGs, BHPs, CZ PCRs, HKs, 1911s, S&W 625-3 45 ACP, HK/Benelli M1S90, Colts 6721/LE6920, Steyr SBSs, Emerson and ZT Knives, Rubicons, Harleys & APBTs

Posts: 416 | Location: USA | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RGRacing
posted Hide Post

Got it here from a fellow Forum Member. He cannot have it back.

Posts: 493 | Location: Mpls, MN | Registered: January 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post