SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Found a Ruger KP 94
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Found a Ruger KP 94 Login/Join 
Bought a 239 magazine for $10, got banned for free.
posted
Found a like new Ruger KP 94 9 MM safety model at a gun show a couple of weeks ago. Have a KP 93 decocker. The 94 is just a tad longer. Made in 1995 with 2 10 Rd. Mags and the box. One does not see these guns for sale very often. Now my point-for the money these pistols in my opinion can't be beat. Plenty accurate for self defense, pleasing to the eye, all metal and a hammer. Don't get me wrong I still like my Sigs but these Rugers are simply rugged guns and will eat anything.

Posts: 279 | Location: West TN | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
My college buddy bought one back in 1995 when we turn of age. It worked well for him as a lefty - I shot it several times but the 10rd capacity at the time was a turn off, as I don't think there were 'pre-ban' mags (?), but I could be wrong.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
This link is to the 15-round magazine for the P93, 94 and 95: http://shopruger.com/P-Series-...e/productinfo/90233/

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bought a 239 magazine for $10, got banned for free.
posted Hide Post
The KP 94 was made from 1994 to 2004. All of them came with 10 round mags as these years are exactly when the AWB was in effect. However 15 Rd. Mags work just fine.

Posts: 279 | Location: West TN | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Old Ruger P-series metal guns are always a great value.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Plus Arnie in True Lies was a fan (KP90) as was Keenan Ivory Wayans in Low Down Dirty Shame

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I walked into a gun shop not long ago and they had a Ruger P 94 for 149 , I jumped on it was the dirtiest gun I ever saw . I took it home cleaned it up and its flawless . also picked up a stainless P 95 and its a tac driver

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Ruger P94 decocker only is one of the guns on my list. And of course a 'K' model is better... stainless steel.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
and you can drive nails with them, or use them for boat anchors, or as an excuse for new, heavier gunbelts.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I was a Ruger P95 fan for a number of years followed by the P89... then a few years ago I decided to upgrade to Sigs.. and went the P226 route....

maybe this was a fluke but last week I went to my gun range and set up a number of target and shot my two Sigs. Just pretty fast mag empty of 10 rounds at a pie plate target about 25 feet away... both gave me about 4" groups... then for some reason I had thrown a Ruger P95 in and decided to dump 10 rounds with it.... 2" group! And I'm not sure I've ever shot this P95 before. In fact I have to admit I don't remember how it came to be in my gun safe.... just the basic old slick grip blue model de-cock only.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Yes, I think they are undervalued pistols. I had a .45 auto and it was very accurate and quite reliable.

Posts: 520 | Registered: June 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
and!
https://www.gunclips.net/rup8520megun.html

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of KP94 and KP93 in excellent condition and extra magazines for both sets.

If in extremely rare case of a breakage in either set, my son will be able to use one for spare parts.

As mentioned above, Ruger P-series guns are rugged, workhorse, semi automatic pistols. There are prettier guns. There are far more expensive guns. I own more expensive pistols myself. However, there’s not a more dependable self defense weapon in my opinion. These Ruger are tough as nails.

Posts: 792 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
you never have to be concerned about forgetting that you are carrying a Ruger P90 on you ,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wolfpacker:
I have a couple of KP94 and KP93 in excellent condition and extra magazines for both sets.

If in extremely rare case of a breakage in either set, my son will be able to use one for spare parts.

As mentioned above, Ruger P-series guns are rugged, workhorse, semi automatic pistols. There are prettier guns. There are far more expensive guns. I own more expensive pistols myself. However, there’s not a more dependable self defense weapon in my opinion. These Ruger are tough as nails.

Yep, I put them right there with the Beretta 92, the Glocks, and the old SIGs.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post