SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Back up gun poll
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Back up gun poll Login/Join 
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Irons. It's a backup gun.

We haven't approved optics for the smaller guns yet because they're not many out there. Figured it was easier this way.

Most of us are carrying the 43x/43/42 as backup guns.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8008 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have to agree with earlier poster re KISS, a stock S&W J frame revolver, wearing a jacket carried in a shoulder holster, warm dry weather carried in an ankle holster.

Posts: 186 | Registered: December 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Back up guns are probably not as well maintained and should be kept simple. Also simple is good if you hand it off to a friend/spouse.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7942 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So I’m in the middle. Older eyes with a vision issue, irons are blurry. I added Meprolight Bullseye sight to my BUG (think P365 SAS). Even had the slide milled to get it as snag free as possible. Probably won’t use the sight, or the gun God willing, but nice to have.

Posts: 274 | Location: Pa | Registered: September 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post