SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Is everyone really all that enthralled with the 320 series?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is everyone really all that enthralled with the 320 series? Login/Join 
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted
I have one and a 320 X5 Legion, but I'm still a classic DA/SA P2xx fan over all else. Don't have a SAO P2xx to compare, but my next love is the 1911.

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope... or the 365 just me everyone else seems to like'm VI...

Posts: 646 | Registered: July 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Enthralled? No. It’s no better or worse than the other plastic options.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really like my P320 but the allegations of it firing while holstered has caught my attention.

DPR

Posts: 656 | Registered: March 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think current SIG offerings are revolutionary in terms of their design. The "guts" of the firearm carrying the serial numbered part is particularly attractive. You could have any configuration you want with this system.

I question the quality of manufacture and the time on the market. These new pistols will take years to work the bugs out. It seems companies stubbornly refuse to put their products through the wringer before they sell them to the public.

Think about it. Which would be cheaper; buying 10 or 20 cases of ammo and a few months to wring these products out - or dealing with returns and angry customer email, etc, etc? I don't get the reasoning?

I'm tired of being a beta tester.

V.

Posts: 328 | Location: Pacific NW | Registered: April 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
I really like my P320 but the allegations of it firing while holstered has caught my attention.

That happens when you pull the trigger.

Florida officer is fired after 'fidgeting' with gun that goes off in school cafeteria
https://www.usatoday.com/story...afeteria/4008227002/

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
quote:

Florida officer is fired after 'fidgeting' with gun that goes off in school cafeteria
https://www.usatoday.com/story...afeteria/4008227002/

Yeah, something similar happened in Philly about 15 years ago. Actual news story.

Two LEO's in car on mid shift. One had just gotten a new S&W M60 BUG. His partner wanted to see it, so he took it out and it went BANG!

Unfortunately, after the BANG, his partner had a bullet in his head and died. Forensics showed the trigger had been pulled.

Stay away from J-frame revolvers.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Not necessarily enthralled. But it's a solid option for a striker-fired polymer-framed handgun, and I like the ergonomics better than many of its competitors.

quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:

Oy.

Guys like that drive me crazy. It's one of my pet peeves. And this is a perfect example of why it's especially bad.

Constantly flipping the retention on their holsters on/off is bad enough. Click-clack-click-clank-click, all the damn time. But I've seen a few people take it a step further and do this dumb mini-quickdraw thing while fidgeting with it, where they not only disengage the retention but also partially retract the gun in the holster a little bit before slamming it back down fully and reengaging the retention.

Sounds like this guy was one of the latter type of fidgeters. If you're in the habit of doing stupid shit like that, then this incident is the kind of stuff that happens when your finger or some other object slips into the trigger guard as you shove it fully back into the holster.

Leave the damn gun in the damn holster. Leave the retention the hell alone. If you're so ADD that you can't stand/sit there without fidgeting with any of your gear, let alone your gun, then you need to find a new line of work.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not enthralled, but I bought a bunch of them, still have some, shoot some for fun to compete, carry one or two. And P365's.

All these stories (excuses) about firearms discharging by themselves in the holster...are bullshit.

I like the P320, in its various forms.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Not really. It’s comparable & not so to its competitors...

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Good, customizable guns. Plus it is another Sig to add to the collection. My P229 is still my favorite.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10round:

No.
As stated above, a dumbass fidgiter trying to cover up his dumbfuckery created this rumor.
You bit, got reeled in and can now see what the inside of the boat looks like.
20 years from now this myth will pop back up.

If I was going to shoot for money (which I don't), I'd use my P320 X-Five.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DirectDrive,

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I bought one back in 2014. Compact, OD green frame, NS, and three mags. Paid $425. I swear Sig couldn't give them away back then. It shot great but there was something about it I didn't like and I just couldn't put my finger on it. After I got it back from the upgrade the trigger just sucked. It wasn't great to begin with but it was acceptable. I lost interest and sold it.

I might get an M18 someday but it's way down on the list.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
I like my P320 and P365 quite a bit and shoot the P320 very well. Had a carry action job on both. Having said that I prefer the old school P226/P229/P220 SA/DA. I carry both my P320 and P365 along with my P938 more than my other all metal sigs.

Posts: 1768 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I find its modular grip to be a rather enthralling feature.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I like em, a lot. I shoot them better than I do Glocks, only thing that actually comes close for me is the H&K VP9 in regards to out of the box performance (for me).

I currently have a P320 X-Carry and a P320 X-Five. I've owned a few other variations but these two are the ones I prefer.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The XCarry frames really made it a favorite of mine.

Posts: 602 | Location: NW Pa. USA | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
“Really all that enthralled … ?” could be interpreted as intended to be disdainful and dismissive about the pistol and the people who own one.
Was that seeking an opinion or offering one?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47366 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I completely understand why Sig developed the P250, P320 & P365 series pistols and I am not a member of their target market, which is absolutely OK. I do not see any scenario that would have me buying a striker-fired pistol, especially a polymer framed pistol, regardless of manufacturer. I simply do not like anything about them. If I were in the market for such a pistol, I am not sure Sig would be my first choice. I would probably lean toward H&K, Walther, Canik, or FN.

Over the last 6 or so years, I have moved my interests and money into manufacturers that make pistols that appeal to me (currently CZ & DW). I still have a few classic P Series Sigs to purchase, but currently taking a bit of a time-out for a decade or two.

Posts: 2032 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by White Phosphorus:
I think current SIG offerings are revolutionary in terms of their design. The "guts" of the firearm carrying the serial numbered part is particularly attractive. You could have any configuration you want with this system.

I question the quality of manufacture and the time on the market. These new pistols will take years to work the bugs out. It seems companies stubbornly refuse to put their products through the wringer before they sell them to the public.

Think about it. Which would be cheaper; buying 10 or 20 cases of ammo and a few months to wring these products out - or dealing with returns and angry customer email, etc, etc? I don't get the reasoning?

I'm tired of being a beta tester.

V.
And not just to the public but Law Enforcement and most importantly to Military.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post