SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Is everyone really all that enthralled with the 320 series?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is everyone really all that enthralled with the 320 series? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
As noted before, passive-aggressive bullshit.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MWC:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by sigfreund:
“Really all that enthralled … ?” could be interpreted as intended to be disdainful and dismissive about the pistol and the people who own one.
Was that seeking an opinion or offering one?

quote:
It's where SIG seems to be putting all of its handgun development and marketing. Also, in other forums, the people there think it's the new sliced bread and the second coming of Christ all rolled into one. I posed the question here and got a lot of balanced answers. So sorry to offend you.

It was a "leading the witness" (tainted) question and rightly challenged.
In my opinion.

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
The 320 just don't feel right to me. Like most Glocks, were I issued one I could live with it, it's not horrible, but I wouldn't purchase a 320 for myself. I've shot a couple and handled several, including those tuned by the best.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
As noted before, passive-aggressive bullshit.

Oh good grief, Charlie Brown. Roll Eyes

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you are happy with Sig's 320 series, then I happy for you. But for me personally, when it comes to polymer framed pistols Glocks work fine for me. I have no reason to look at other polymer framed pistols.

I really liked Sig's classic P-series pistols. But alas Sig seems to be (understandably) moving away from these and prices for used versions is running higher than I am willing to pay.

Posts: 6608 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DirectDrive:
quote:
Originally posted by MWC:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by sigfreund:
“Really all that enthralled … ?” could be interpreted as intended to be disdainful and dismissive about the pistol and the people who own one.
Was that seeking an opinion or offering one?

quote:
It's where SIG seems to be putting all of its handgun development and marketing. Also, in other forums, the people there think it's the new sliced bread and the second coming of Christ all rolled into one. I posed the question here and got a lot of balanced answers. So sorry to offend you.

It was a "leading the witness" (tainted) question and rightly challenged.
In my opinion.

Then you must be a lawyer. I'm not and was never trained to ask tricky questions. Sometimes a question is just a question; the great majority of people here who have responded have done so with mature, and very rational reasons why they like, or don't like the 320. Sorry to have triggered you or anyone else. Once again, sometimes a question is just a question. Smile

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am currently experience enthrallment with the P320....playing around with 2 FCUs and a subcompact slide assembly and a compact slide assembly. The mixing and matching is providing entertainment.

Posts: 977 | Location: Upstate South Carolina | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
I'm not enthralled with the 320 but like it enough to have 2 of them; both compact sized. One is a 9mm FDE version and the other is a 45. I'm a simple kind of guy and the 320 is a simple kind of gun, which appeals to me.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
I'm not generally a polymer guy, prefer metal guns, but I have bought into SIG polymer from time to time.

I bought SP2209 and SP2340, sold them, bought P250, didn't like it, sold it, have a P2340 now, with an additional 9mm P2022 slide which I will keep. I've owned one Glock and several HK pistols, sold them, not because they were bad, but because they were higher on my "what would I be willing to sell to fund another purchase" list.

When VT went with their current gun control and limited pistol mag capacity to 15 rounds, I went on a buying spree and bought a number of 9mm options that were available at the time from my FFL before the law would prevent them from selling certain guns with certain capacity magazines. These were options that were 1. availble at the FFL, 2. were 9mm with higher capacity magazines and 3. ones I was not likely to be able to purchase later.

This spree included a number of P320s, a gun I had not purchased or shot before. I have to admit that while I wouldn't say I was "enthralled" by them, I do like them a good deal. I have a P320 Carry in .357sig which has become my daily carry along with a P365.

I am enthralled with modularity and the easily removable FCU without sacrificing accuracy or shootability. I think a great deal of attention has gone into designing the gun. I dare say Grayguns was substantially involved, but I might be wrong.

I think SIG has a real winner on their hands in the P320.

Congratulations on using the work "enthralled".

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
It’s so competitive out there, most of the current offerings are good choices and I’m not enthralled with any of them. I have 2 P320s and like them best in full size format. I no longer use the compact much, going right to the p365 for which I just bought a GGI XL grip module- love this combo. The modularity is a plus for me and zero issues with the P320 and P365.

Posts: 4518 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
quote:
1) the striker is an afterthought placed in what was previously the 250 so function is following form. I wonder if for example, the bore would be so high if it had been designed from the ground up to be a striker gun.

2) the chassis heating up under the frame was a weird sensation for me that I care not to continue experiencing.

3) the cost of slide/barrel assemblies (at least at the time I had my 320s) sincerely begged the question, why not just buy another gun?

Very true. I never cared for the half-assed approach SIG used to make the P250 a striker fired pistol. I think Steyr did a FAR better job with their line of internal chassis based pistols. They never marketed the concept of replacing the grip module and upper because it's basically a moot point. By the time a person pays for a complete upper and grip module, they may as well just get a whole new pistol.

quote:
I think current SIG offerings are revolutionary in terms of their design. The "guts" of the firearm carrying the serial numbered part is particularly attractive. You could have any configuration you want with this system.

I question the quality of manufacture and the time on the market. These new pistols will take years to work the bugs out. It seems companies stubbornly refuse to put their products through the wringer before they sell them to the public.

Think about it. Which would be cheaper; buying 10 or 20 cases of ammo and a few months to wring these products out - or dealing with returns and angry customer email, etc, etc? I don't get the reasoning?

I'm tired of being a beta tester.

It will take decades before the P320 has a similar track record to Glock, (that is IF) they manage to pull it off.

Stuff like this doesn't help their cause:

"Sig Sauer also contends that ATF placed too great an emphasis upon reliability in determining which offers should continue to phase III. In this regard, Sig Sauer argues that reliability was only one of a number of elements to be considered in the live-fire assessment, and notes that reliability was not identified as having any more importance than the other elements."

https://www.gao.gov/assets/390/389787.pdf

That, combined with their abhorrent QC & design track record, not to mention Ron Cohen's shenanigans in selling German SIG pistols to Columbia instead of the USA makes me leery of buying ANY SIG Sauer product under their current management.

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Huh? What part of selling 2022s to the Army for distribution to police forces in an allied country (and they are allies in the war on the narcos whose abuses are convulsing several of our Latin American allies) constitutes a problem? Unless, of course, you're a pissy German Green Party member?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Enthralled no.

It is a tool, a P365 that sites in my front left pocket, daily.

I also have a P320 and a couple of classic SIGs.

I enjoy them all

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Belgian Blue:

That, combined with their abhorrent QC & design track record, not to mention Ron Cohen's shenanigans in selling German SIG pistols to Columbia instead of the USA makes me leery of buying ANY SIG Sauer product under their current management.

Please reconsider. Without you purchasing a Sig hangun, they may go out of business.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Huh? What part of selling 2022s to the Army for distribution to police forces in an allied country (and they are allies in the war on the narcos whose abuses are convulsing several of our Latin American allies) constitutes a problem? Unless, of course, you're a pissy German Green Party member?

The problem occurs when SIG consumers in the US are forced to buy US made pistols that shear firing pins and go BANG!!! if they get dropped, when they COULD and SHOULD be allowed to get German made SIGs. They COULD be making money hand over fist selling Swiss made 550s the same way FN did with Belgian made SCARs. The fact that Germany went after Cohen for breaking their export laws, well that's just karma. Big Grin

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Enthralled no.
Enamored, with the P365, yes. Wink

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am not enthralled by them, but I do like them (current production pistols) a lot. It is easier for me to shoot *my* P320c pistols accurately compared to my two Gen 5 G19's, and their reliability has been perfect. Here is a Vid review of the Sig P320X carry by Mike Clover,a former special forces member. I think the P320 series pistols will have a very bright future.

https://youtu.be/InQc_7ynrW4

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I had a long response typed up to this, but then my browser killed it, and I'm not re-typing it.

Short version, I'm not really "enthralled" with anything polymer or striker-fired. I liked wood and steel, and the handguns of choice for a fun range day in my mind include revolvers, 1911s, and maybe a DA/SA handgun or two. My P320 gets a lot of range time too, but it's more business than pleasure.

Personal enjoyment aside, plastic striker guns make excellent duty weapons. I've shot a lot of them, carried several, and IMO the P320, while not perfect, is the best of the bunch for most environments. If I had the freedom to pick out any new duty gun for my dept today, I'd stick with the P320.

Posts: 8415 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
No. The striker feels and sounds like it couldn’t move a feather, much less set off a primer.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
No notsomuch.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post