SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Is everyone really all that enthralled with the 320 series?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is everyone really all that enthralled with the 320 series? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
No. The striker feels and sounds like it couldn’t move a feather, much less set off a primer.

And yet it does, with a high degree of consistency. I've not had one fail yet; the only exceptions have been a bad batch of primers (old stock), which had the same problems in other weapons, including Glocks, and a few that didn't have the primer fully seated.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Hey, you never know when a concealed carrier in the US will find himself having to take ammo with brutally "hard" primers off of a dead Russian soldier. We need strikers that hit hard enough to knock the sights off target when the pistol is fired!

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
Have no interest in them while P-series guns can be had.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought a P250 to be a cheap range gun. I really liked it, I liked the idea of the P320 as well. Fast forwrd a couple years and I happen on an X5 and a P365XL in a package deal and figured I'd immediately sell the 365. Surprisingly, its the P365XL that has my interest. The X5 is almost out the door but I'm gonna try again with a new front sight.

The P210A is a dream to shoot.

Posts: 48 | Registered: July 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have always liked Sig hammer fired handguns and also have two of their 1911's that are fantastic. I do have a P365 because it is kinda unique. As for striker fired I tend to stay away from them. I did give one a try with the VP9 but I am a H&K fan. BTW, I was very surprised with the VP9.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tenacious
Tempestuous
with Integrity
posted Hide Post
I purchased a P320 Compact .357 Sig not long ago.
Very happy with it so far. I find it compliments the rest of my Sig P Classic collection nicely. May be some thread drift but since we now are getting an aluminum frame P320, how bout a stainless steel SSE version? What has happened to the P320 10mm version?

Posts: 783 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Hey, you never know when a concealed carrier in the US will find himself having to take ammo with brutally "hard" primers off of a dead Russian soldier. We need strikers that hit hard enough to knock the sights off target when the pistol is fired!

Yeah! And now that you mention it, where are the 9mm Makarov conversion barrels? C'mon Sig... You're dropping the ball here!

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:

Yeah! And now that you mention it, where are the 9mm Makarov conversion barrels? C'mon Sig... You're dropping the ball here!

That's funny! Big Grin

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RedV
posted Hide Post
I wasn’t till I played with a Wilson Combat edition today at a local gun shop. That thing is fine. (Still like my 226 better, but...)

“I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.” -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers.

Posts: 23 | Location: Gulf Coast Region  | Registered: October 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I have a 2017 9mm compact and it has been more than satisfactory and my current EDC, but "enthralled" is a little too strong a word. Actually, the last gun that truly "tickled me pink" was a CZ 75D Compact (PCR).

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RedV:
I wasn’t till I played with a Wilson Combat edition today at a local gun shop. That thing is fine. (Still like my 226 better, but...)

They're an expensive habit, but they do handle, function, and shoot as nice as they feel.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
A rousing game of “my striker gun can beat up your striker gun”.

I’ll take Anal Bum covers for $600.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read, on another forum, about differences in the FCU between pistols built before 2019 and after a certain date in 2019, also LE/Mil FCU different than civilian. Can any armorers confirm this.

DPR

Posts: 656 | Registered: March 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MWC:
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:

I'm holding out for 7.62x25. You can never be too prepared.

That's funny! Big Grin

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't say enthralled but I do like moving the FCU to different frames.

My friend liked one enough (not a gun person) to buy it AND to get the Wilson frame.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I don't carry one, I prefer my P220 Legion and will stay with an all metal gun. I do own 4, P320's, and a P365 that I use in training. In 50 years of training, I have never seen a centerfire handgun that novices are successful with as quickly as with the P320. And I have worked with a bunch of them. It's the trigger, and the ergonomics, and decent sights. Exchangeable grip frames help to make that work. In the meanwhile, it's me and my P220 Legion SAO every day.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just recently stuck my 320 Subcompact FCU and upper in a Wilson Combat X-Compact frame. It approaches perfection: like a Glock 19, only better.

For my subcompact double-stack needs, I will now revert to my G26.

Posts: 840 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
My wife has no idea of the hype, marketing efforts or anything related to the P320.

Recently I bought one. After shooting it along with half a dozen other pistols my wife said she really likes my P320. I think it may have replaced the P239 as her favorite.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of backlash
posted Hide Post
I guess I am, but I only have four:

Classic
M17
M18
M17 no manual safety, made from M17 Caliber X-Change Kit and homeless FCU. This one will eventually get lots of mods.

Also have a p210 and p365

Posts: 18 | Location: Statesville NC | Registered: August 09, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum backlash, we are glad you joined us.

As for me, I have no interest in the P320, or the Legion series for that matter.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post