Find
Notify
Tools

My BHP Login/Join 
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
I feel sure you will enjoy your BHP with a 30 Luger barrel. A few of years ago I had Bar-Sto build me some(3) 30 luger barrels, and one was for one of my BHP. I fitted it, and it works like a charm!! What a fun gun to shoot. I am a handloader, so I can shoot it for cheap as long as I gather up my brass.

You’re not the first I’ve heard say that about .30 Luger. I had Robert Burke fit a conversion barrel to a 226 SAO while it was there for a trigger job.

Although I still haven’t had a chance to get out with it, he did say that it was quiet, mild, and fun to shoot.

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
30 Luger has a lightweight bullet(92gr) that is a real hummer(~1400fps). Low recoil, and shoots flat way on "out there".

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What is a 30 Luger barrel? What is the benefit?

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fyimo
posted Hide Post
I have Browning HP with Craig Spegal Grips that is one of my favorite 9mm pistols along with my Sig P228.

Freedom Is Not Free And Is Paid For By Our Military.
VFW Member
NRA Life Member 042722999
SWCA

Posts: 9186 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
What is a 30 Luger barrel? What is the benefit?

Its a variation of calibers. Browning made limited factory runs for the Hi Power in 30 Luger, mainly for the European market where military calibers were prohibited.

The cailber is a lightweight , low recoil, flat shooting cartridge.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post